The Weather

Jimbob_no5
Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
edited March 2009 in The Crudcatcher
It has been stunning up here for the past week, can't wait to get out tomorrow for a long sesh at the locals, take some beer :D

Whats everyone elses plans for the weekend?
Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
1) Drink is not my friend
2) D-Locking cnuts ;)

Comments

• It's gonna snow tomorrow. Sorry.
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • haynes1
    haynes1 Posts: 156
    workin :(
    saturday and sunday :( :evil: :(
  • it was mint today, went out in my shorts and it wasn't cold at all. One week ago it was freezing when I was in my fleece top & trousers. Awesomeness.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • Pete-C
    Pete-C Posts: 353
    Just back from a ride, but working all day saturday and sunday afternoon
    "Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
    Pitch Comp
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Still waiting on Parcel Farce to deliver some bits, otherwise I'm going to have to steal the chain off my On-one as the one on the Reign is too short, plus the chainring on the reign is too big.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • Oh, poor you, SirHC. That must be awful, to have to keep robbing parts from all your different bikes to suit your day's riding. :lol::wink:

not that I'm jealous, you understand?!
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    We're going to do what we do every weekend Pinky. Try to take over the WORLD!

That or ride my road bike a lot. One of the two.
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Oh, poor you, SirHC. That must be awful, to have to keep robbing parts from all your different bikes to suit your day's riding. :lol::wink:

not that I'm jealous, you understand?!

Could build up another one, all I need is brakes and pedals. Which reminds me I need to clean all the bits and stick them on the classfields.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • docker0141
    docker0141 Posts: 605
    i was supposed to be going for a ride on sunday but Mothers day means i have to go to my grans :cry:
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Can't believe I've got away with a ride on sunday, mums taking me aswell - have to get her something nice. :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Jimbob_no5
    It's gonna snow tomorrow. Sorry.

what are you on about? snow?
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • My ride tomorrow has been delayed til the afternoon as the guy who bought my Marin is coming to collect it around midday. A mixture of sessioning/trail building on sunday :D
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Last week was sunny with temperatures up to 20°C.

Yesterday started to snow, and now there is more than 1ft snow outside.
    Through out the whole winter we didn't saw this much snow.
    And it's spring today. How ironic is that? :(
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Working today - mothers day tomorrow so no run for me this weekend. Fortunately I was out on Thursday - gorgeous weather!! 17degrees and clear blue skies.... in March.... in Scotland????!!! Lol

Thank you global warming! LOL

(thought there is snow on the way yet again apparently next week...... *Sigh* :roll: )
    It's been a while...
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    6 cycles with the sun shining in 6 days has gotta be good! May as well make it 7 today!
  • Jimbob_no5
    Graydawg wrote:
    Working today - mothers day tomorrow so no run for me this weekend. Fortunately I was out on Thursday - gorgeous weather!! 17degrees and clear blue skies.... in March.... in Scotland????!!! Lol

Thank you global warming! LOL

(thought there is snow on the way yet again apparently next week...... *Sigh* :roll: )

where abouts in the highlands are you?
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Graydawg
    Hey I'm in Alness in Ross-Shire... Where are you?
    It's been a while...
  • Schmako wrote:
    6 cycles with the sun shining in 6 days has gotta be good! May as well make it 7 today!

today didn't continue that here. Stiff wind & dull. Quite hard going for most of my ride, trust me to want to ride the way that goes into the wind :(
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Schmako wrote:

today didn't continue that here. Stiff wind & dull. Quite hard going for most of my ride, trust me to want to ride the way that goes into the wind :(

Totally! As soon as I stuck my head out the window I seen it wasn't going to happen. Sounds harsh!
  • Furbes
    Furbes Posts: 289
    It's not too bad over here , bit of some strange Object in the Sky that people keep calling "the Sun " :?: :?: :?:
    Just spent a couple of Hours in the Phoenix Park (big park , about 10mins ride from my hacienda) , then having to show my Face over at the Mammy's for a while :)
  • Jimbob_no5
    Graydawg wrote:
    Hey I'm in Alness in Ross-Shire... Where are you?

down nairn
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • I used to live in Burghead and then Lossie. Wasn't until I moved back to East Anglia that I got back into my biking! Doh!
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • Graydawg
    I used to live in Burghead and then Lossie. Wasn't until I moved back to East Anglia that I got back into my biking! Doh!

Are you in the RAF by any chance? :P

Jimbob - Nairn's not too far from here. I have a friend in Elgin and regulary down that direction. There's some good runs out Fochabers way? are they worth while taking the bike down next time I'm your direction?
    It's been a while...
  • Yep, how'd you guess!?

Been to White Ash forest near Fochabers, MANY years ago, I remember it being a good ride, and the view at the top is amazing on a clear day- can see Hopeman Lighthouse and beyond!
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08