Bike respray?

jadenx
jadenx Posts: 17
edited March 2009 in MTB general
Hi I currently have two bikes a 2007 Kona Kula and a 2006 Kona Kula Deluxe, with the possibility of having a new paint job for one or maybe both of them.

Can anyone advise me of somewhere I can take/post the bike (preferably in the London area) that offers a good respray including possibly striping down the parts and putting it back together again?

I have check places in the past such as argos cycles but they seem a bit on the steep side!

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated!

:P

Comments

• llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    The one that I keep hearing recommended is Argos and I guess you get what you pay for.

My boss at work has just done a DIY job on his old Schwinn frame with some Plastikote that looks really impressive, but it takes some technique to get it right.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    At my lbs we normally use argos for frame re-sprays, and they work is lovely, really good finish.

That said, if you're going to do it yourself, rub it down really well and take your time masking it. Then hammerite do some good finishes.

Other places worth looking are local paintshops for cars, they'll do it fairly cheaply if they've got a car that needs the same colour, however you'll need to dissassemble, strip and mask it.
  • jadenx
    jadenx Posts: 17
    Unfortuately I am not really upto the task of doing it myself! (probably would end respraying the whole house! lol )

Anywhere other than argos cycles guys?