So, Brant's new frame...

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited March 2009 in MTB general

Comments

• papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    looks nicely put together and welded..but thats Lynskey for you i suppose.. Not keen on the rear triangle
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    I like it, some nice ideas on it with the bolt on cable guides and the anti chainsuck chainstay yoke... Steel ones will be class for the money (if comparable prices to On-One)
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    "It features a love-it-or-hate-it asymmetric chainstay assembly which has been created partly to keep the rear disc brake in-board of the frame."

:? ....as opposed to?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    erm, looks like the same old nine pipes welded together
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I think it has terrible paint job.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    No replaceable drop out then??
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Well I like what I can see and read about It so far, but price will be the deciding factor.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    Daz555 wrote:
    "It features a love-it-or-hate-it asymmetric chainstay assembly which has been created partly to keep the rear disc brake in-board of the frame."

:? ....as opposed to?

If you look at the picture, notice where the IS mounts are for the rear calliper. They've been put on the chainstay, as opposed to the more usual seatstay mount. i assume this is to keep the calliper out of harm's way, or to bring some extra weight forward to help with ballance. it can't make that much of a difference though, surely?
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Is there a release date yet for It.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    passout wrote:

Dont get 'em on many steel frames (if any) and dont see the need with Ti, just bend 'em back. And if its really FUBAR'd then weld another dropout into it.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    ratty2k wrote:
    passout wrote:

Dont get 'em on many steel frames (if any) and dont see the need with Ti, just bend 'em back. And if its really FUBAR'd then weld another dropout into it.

I can see that with a cheaper (and maybe stronger) steel frame but it would worry me on a more expensive ti frame. It's enough to put me off. Otherwise i quite like the look of it.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Looks good IMO will have to wait and se how the whole line transpires. It would be good if there were also some forks and other bits too. Not sure about the "Shedfire" name will have to see how that turns into a brand as well.