My new Project Meta.

realnumber 1
realnumber 1 Posts: 675
edited March 2009 in MTB general
Well I've been looking for an Orange 5 frame or similar for a while now. Mainly because I feel that due to the type of riding I myself doing these days I needed something a little burlier. It will also suit my forks travell better I think.

Its a 2005 or 6? Commencal Meta 5.20 with a fox float RP3. I got a great deal on it from another forum I use. It's in mint condition (only done about 500 easy miles). I can't wait to get it built up :D

DSCF2508.jpg

DSCF2514.jpg

DSCF2510.jpg

Can anyone tell me if there is much difference between this and the newer ones in terms of weight, geomatry and the like. I already know the new ones have 140mm compared to 130mm on mine.

Thanks 8)

Comments

• I have a new Meta 5.5 VIP built up and previously had an 06 Meta 5.40.

Both bikes are awesome but the new Meta is definitely more robust and downhill orientated than my old one.

My 06 bike was about 29lbs fully built and my new mate is 33lbs but with a more all mountain spec.

Pics below.

06 Meta build

3041492602_4f0cc72c47.jpg

09 Meta VIP Build

3221742015_ca7c40e485.jpg
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Both very nice :wink: Looks like mine is an 06 then looking at yours. How much travel does your 06 have on the front?
    I was hoping to get mine down to around 28lb if possible. I really am looking forward to building it up. Its definitely a class above the Club Roost in terms of standard of finish.
  • I had Fox 32 Vanilla R 130mm which were awesome. You could always go with the air version to get a bit lighter.

Just a word of warning, the cable routing is a real bugger for the front mech and i had loads of grief with mine.

28lbs should be quite achievable, i had big heavy pedals and quite heavy forks but mostly light stuff otherwise.

Have fun building it. The commencal owners club is a good forum if you have any technical questions.
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Cheers and I will check out the owners club.
  • stev0
    stev0 Posts: 131
    yeah that frame is definitly an 06 i use the same frame, they are great and being as unfit and unskilled as they come, i find they are very forgiving both goin uphill and down.