Finally it's in my possesion

Th3 Firestarter
Th3 Firestarter Posts: 395
edited February 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Picked up the gambler today. Woohoo!!!
Isn't she gorgeous?

2009-02-2710-44-26_0002.jpg

2009-02-2710-43-22_0001.jpg

Took it for a quick blast round the woods earlier. It's sooooo much beefier than the marin and really inspires so much confidence in me to push harder and faster.
Can't wait to get over swinley on it!

Comments

• :D
    very nice!! looks lush!
    How much did it set you back then?!

So when you over Swinley then? :P
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    That is one nice bike - well done, want to see it muddy in the next pic :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Looking from left to right at the first picture:

Mmmm, very nice, oh I like that, that looks good, I want one of these, oh yes, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THAT HEADTUBE?, back to being nice, very nice.
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    whyamihere wrote:
    Looking from left to right at the first picture:

Mmmm, very nice, oh I like that, that looks good, I want one of these, oh yes, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THAT HEADTUBE?, back to being nice, very nice.

Ha never noticed that before, still nice though!
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Lady?
    Look at the size of it. If it's a lady then she's a bodybuilder.

It looks to me like it has a short wheelbase. Better in tight corners.

Great bike. :D
  • This has set me back a very reasonable £1400. It's an 08 model, so got it at sale price. That headtube is wicked, apparently you can adjust the head angle, although I'm not much of a bike mechanic/tech sort of person.
    Also, the shop I bought it from (shout to the lads at mountain trax) upgraded the chain guide and bash to E13, looks much better than the crappy truvative jobby that comes as standard.
    I will be at swinley next wkend 7th/8th march if it ain't raining. The trails are drying out a treat with this nice dry weather.
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    It`s a beast.......in a good way :)
  • thats a damn good price! Have to get reading the manual about that headtube!

Don't mind guiding a Swinley n00b if you go? I'll try to not slow you down, promise :lol:
  • Guiding a noob is cool :D U won't be slowin me down, not on the uphills anyway :lol:
  • Awesome :D Might have to scam a bit of cash from the GF to get there but if your goin i'l be up for it :) (she just said yes :D)
    Seeing Rise Against on friday night so hopefully I won't be too shattered :lol:

Just gimme a time and place closer to next week and I'll be thar!

You had a run out on the beast yet then? I've spotted a few good drops behind my house so i'm gonna take the surge out tomorrow and see if I can hit them :)
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Good luck :D - Work up all three with a shovel, clear landings etc
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1