Velomann V1.31

FatLarry
FatLarry Posts: 209
edited January 2012 in Workshop
With at least a month to go before the new ride arrives, I've been putting a lot of effort into researching cycle computers for my new toy.

I'm looking for a high quality cycle computer - not a GPS - that is wireless and measures cadence, heart rate (with some "workout zones" functionality) and altitude.

I'm down to a choice of three…

The Mavic Wintech Ulitmate - though not sure I like the skewer sensor idea, even if it is very neat.

The Blackburn Neuro 6.0 - which I was leaning towards, until I discovered...

The Velomann V1.31

The Velomann has the added bonus of a PC link, enabling you to download data to your PC. Which, as a long time user of a Garmin 305 Forerunner, really appeals to me.

I am struggling to find any further details on exactly what details you can download, what the software looks like and also the general useability of the Velomann. The product isn't even listed on the Velomann website.

Does anyone own or use one? I'd be interested to hear any feedback you might have.

Alternatively, is anyone aware of an alternative - without going to a Garmin 705, etc. - which has the same functionality and will; download data to your PC?

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/productdetail.asp?productCatalogue=VELNCOMP290000000000

Comments

• Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 60
    I also looked at the Velomann 31 function computer but could not find any reviews or information anywhere. I aslo looked at the Blackburn model but they seem to had had a few problems with water ingress and I think it looks cheap and nasty imo.

In the end I went for the Mavic Ultimate. OK it was the most expensive at £120 (including candence) but it has eveything you need on it. The skewer is large but not untidy and looks better than the tranditional fork clamp arrangement.
    Winter Bike: Specialized Allez Elite
    Summer Bike: Specialized Tarmac Pro SL
  • FatLarry
    Thanks Fifer.

Am I right in thnking that there is no "PC download" capability with the Mavic?

It is definitely a better looking unit than the Blackburn. I've emailed Velomann to see whether they can provide me with any further information, I'm not going to spend over £100 quid with knowing a bit more...
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 60
    No PC link with the Mavic.
    Winter Bike: Specialized Allez Elite
    Summer Bike: Specialized Tarmac Pro SL
  • FatLarry
    Well, if anyone's interested, I made a decision - I bought a Sigma Rox 9.0

http://www.sigmasport.com/en/produkte/bikecomputer/rox_wireless/rox_90/?punkt=features

If nothing else, it is probably the most comprehensive product information / demonstration I've ever seen on a website!

Found it in a German store for 175 Euros delivered. (£250.00 list price in the UK)

The gadget freak and data analyst in me are both very satisfied... for now :D
  • Mohair
    Mohair Posts: 1
    :D

I got a V1.31about 3 weeks ago and its fantastic!! The instructions are a little hard to use in the set up as theyre obviously translated to English, not originally written in English. BUT..once set up, seems to be accurate, easy to get the information downloaded, great features and with the white sender unit, matches my bike perfectly:)

I would 100% reccommend to anyone!
  • HI just got a V1.31 looks good, no probs fitting all the bits. but cant workout how to switch on my display screen, pressed all buttons , no luck, can anyone help thanks

Bogjumper