Bike Box in a Renault Scenic?

richa
richa Posts: 1,631
edited February 2009 in Workshop
I have searched high & low and need to find out the interior dimensions of the Renault Scenic to 'try it for size' for the oversized luggage that I wish to carry in a hire car on a trip to the Alps

I need to fit two bike boxes (size: 131 x 94 x 36cm). Do you think this will fit? Have you got a Scenic?

Many thanks.
Rich
Rich

Comments

• Why not just hire a van?
  • richa
    Had considered that but I reckon that a Kangoo's too short for a bike box. (And large vans are pricey)
    Rich
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Can you leave the boxes at left luggage ? I know that two hard cases filled the back of a focus estate when we did it.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Take the box to your local Renault dealership :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • richa
    Unfortuunately I am hiring the bike box too...

Anyone got a Scenic :?:
    Rich
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    I've got a scenic. Can only give rough guides but it's better than you've got so far. Also I'm helpful but if you think I'm going out in the cold to measure my car well... :twisted: :)

Anyway

The scenic back seats are easily removable. With the three seats out, I'd imagine you'd easily fit two bike cases in there. If you need to take the seats with you then they could be stacked along with the bike boxes in the boot/rear seat space.

I don't think you'll be able to fit one bike box in the boot alone, somewhere you'll have to move a seat.

My educated guess, if there's just two of you travelling then somehow you should be ok.
  • richa
    Chris,

Thanks for your comments. Only two of us in the car so can fold/remove the seats.

It sounds like I have nothing to worry about. I remember from putting a mates bike box in my audi that thetre wasn't alot of leeway and was worrying that the scenic would be smaller.
    Rich