Garmin Edge 705 and NORTHERN Ireland?

GavH
GavH Posts: 933
edited February 2009 in Workshop
Hi guys,

Just been told I'm not getting the job I was after in Edinburgh like I'd hoped, so it is instead, back to Northern Ireland. I've lived there before for about 6 years (Lisburn) so I know the area pretty well, however that was before I was into cycling. As such I don't really know all the little country back roads, of which there are a LOT, and wondered if the Garmin 705 would be a useful investment. Problem is, the Garmin Topo doesn't cover NI and nor does the Anquet or Memory Map stuff.

Can anyone tell me if there is any product they know of, or better still if the base product has all of the unclassified roads in NI on it?

Or alternatively, is the 705 of little use as a navigation tool in Norn Iron?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    My mate has the 705 and he seems to struggle to find his way around with it -doesnt seem great for navigation from what i can see.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cougie wrote:
    My mate has the 705 and he seems to struggle to find his way around with it -doesnt seem great for navigation from what i can see.

Its best if you create routes in bikehike.co.uk and upload em, then it's great.

For navigation where you type postcode in it can be abit of a faf and I haven't dared try it yet.
  • Try putting a question on the DromaraCC website.Sure someone with local knowledge could help
    Go neiri on bothar leat.