Quick frame question

JC.152
JC.152 Posts: 645
edited February 2009 in Workshop
dont' worry i'm not after any £200-400 wheelsets :twisted: which makes people kick off on here :!:

Just wonderin if anyone knew how much a focus variado 07 frame would sell for :?: , I haven't got any idea how much they would go for becuase of wiggle only selling them as complete bikes and only want to know to get a rough price to see how much it would go towards a new cervelo/rourke/scott frame in the summer time.

Cheers

Comments

• Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Is it just the frame or frame and forks?
    I'd probably hope to get around £120 - £150 for frame and forks if in reasonable condition
  • JC.152
    Wappygixer wrote:
    Is it just the frame or frame and forks?
    I'd probably hope to get around £120 - £150 for frame and forks if in reasonable condition

It'd be frame and forks, the frame is in pretty good order I've taken a few stickers off the forks and theres a little chip behind one seatstay but other than that its been looked after so i don;t know how much that would take off price

found a picture of it that was on the check out my bike gallery a few months back

p1050099sh1.th.jpg
  • JC.152
    anyone else know about focus frames?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    A frame and forks probably represents about 30-40% of the total value of the bike and for 2nd hand, assume you're going to get about 60% tops of what it's worth - so if you paid £1000 for the bike, assume that the f+f was worth £400 and therefore expect about £250 at the most - this will vary due to things like condition, colour and size. The Varadio frame is alloy and there is a huge choice of cheap new frames, which will probably depress your price further - £150 is entirely realistic. Worth looking on ebay to see what similar frames are going for.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • JC.152
    cheers for the prices that you reckon it'd make

I'll probly watch about a bit until I decide what to do to see how much the focus frame could go towards a new frame in the summer