DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN...Parcelforce have lost my Cube

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited February 2009 in MTB general
Apparently it may still be in Belfast... or it could be in Coventry...

however they quite simply have no idea and can't seem to trace it.

"the label should have been scanned in other locations"

How on earth that helps me i don't know...

Stupid stupid people !!!!!!

Comments

• Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Gutted, still you can look at the pick of my Cube to cheer you up ;)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    That's cold, Eranu :lol:
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Really feel for you mate, nowt worse than getting excited about a new toy, only to find that some tw@t at parcelfarce has ruined it for you.

Hope you manage to sort it soon.
  • man i love the look of those cubes. i want one :(
  • weeksy59
    Seems it's still in Belfast (although they can't be sure) as planes were not allowed to leave there yesterday, or land at UK airport.. again they couldn't be sure.

"so it's possible we might have it in local depot tomorrow.....well... maybe"

Hahahaahahah

you have to love it.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    sounds like you say...it got scanned on the way out of belfast depot, then nothing....so it is in transit.

a friend of mine got stuck in belfast last night....flights cancelled...

parcelfarce.....putting the ar$ in sending parcels.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Hope it turns up soon for you. I just finished building my bike around a cube frame. They look great.

When it finally arrives it will have been worth the wait.
  • Eranu
    Glad to hear they found it, hopefully you'll get it in the next few days.
  • weeksy59
    Eranu wrote:
    Glad to hear they found it, hopefully you'll get it in the next few days.
    No no.. they've not found it...

they just 'think' it may still be in Belfast.
  • sounds like thieving scum to me.......
    m-trax ti 1000- back when i was rubbish.
    evo 8 - i am continuing to be rubbish.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    The big courier firms are all the same at the end of the day and something will always get lost and it can be a pain in the arse to sort out sometimes. Hopefully it's just the people on the phone that are confused and once they've looked into it you might even have it tomorrow.

Cubes good :P Which one you getting weeksy? Was it you that was after a Ltd?
  • weeksy59
    Cubes good :P Which one you getting weeksy? Was it you that was after a Ltd?

Yup, i ended up with an LTD Team. I was going to get the race but they were unsure when stock would come in so couldn't promise a delivery time. So went for the team so i could get it sooner.

how ironic is that ;)
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Parcel Force are an absolute shambles, and I'll never use them again.

I once sold a frame through eBay, received payment from the buyer and went to the Parcel Force website to book a collection. It cost £15 which I had to pay up front by credit card.

I arranged it for a Monday, any time between 10am and 4pm from my work address ('cos its on an industrial estate and dead easy to find).

So, come 4pm there's no sign of the pickup. So I rang Parcel Force who glibly informed me that they couldn't guarantee the pick up time! I pointed out that I'd paid £15 for the privelige and had a confirmation e-mail stating the times, but there was no mention of it not being guaranteed.

So I cancelled the pickup, took it to the Post Office and sent it Standard Parcels (which was £9 BTW, and it got there 24 hours quicker than it would have if Parcel W@nkers had taken it... :shock: ).

You'd think that would have been the end of it wouldn't you? Oh no...

Guess who turned up at work on the following Thursday to make a pickup?? I'll give you a clue - it wasn't City Link... :x

Oh, and it took 3 weeks to get the cost of the original booking credited back to my card. Never again...
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    Ah, don't worry, it's only a CUBE after all... :wink:

I hope you get to assemble it yourself - the last cubes I've known seemed to have been assembed by monkeys....without any hands.
    Not really active
  • Eranu

NNGH!! That'll teach me to post and be on a conf call. I would be phoning them every hour or so to find out where it is, especially in view of dave_hill's experience with them.
  • weeksy59
    Eranu wrote:

NNGH!! That'll teach me to post and be on a conf call. I would be phoning them every hour or so to find out where it is, especially in view of dave_hill's experience with them.

The main thing that's easing my worries is the contact from Chain Reaction who are happy that if it's not found and here by Thurs they will ship another one out. They've been the saving grace in this affair.
  • Milkie
    Milkie Posts: 377
    I'd give the coventry branch a call, and get someone to have a look around. We have stuff going missing all the time with ParcelFarce, usually when something big in the UK happens, this time its snow!

They are usually quite helpful, I've found loads of missing items like this.

Think the coventry is one of there bigger distro units. Try calling the branch/sorting in Belfast.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    weeksy59 wrote:
    Yup, i ended up with an LTD Team. I was going to get the race but they were unsure when stock would come in so couldn't promise a delivery time. So went for the team so i could get it sooner.

how ironic is that ;)

As long as you get it in time for a blast at the weekend.....

Agree with milkie, if you can find out where it is, call that office. Otherwise you're just interrogating someone who only has their computer screen to tell them what's happened and it's probably an issue with being scanned on/off transport that's caused it to go missing in the system. I use couriers quite a bit and unfortunately, this sort of thing just happens, but it'll have a label on it and it will almost certainly find you soon.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    You're having a bit of trouble with this bike arent you! :lol:
  • fwb2006
    fwb2006 Posts: 212
    What a muppet
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Probaly sold it
  • weeksy59
    Well blow me down.....

Last tracked at: Reading (Satellite) Depot
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    you might get it tomorrow then with a bit of luck and a following breeze!
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • fingers crossed you get it soon mate. on a good note, chain reaction are being good about it. top fellas. :D
  • Why are Cubes so sexy ! i mean i was looking a carbon Zaskar but Cubes just do that little bit more.
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !
  • have to admit, what would i rather have, carbon zaskar or cube elite , the elite looks sexier! i cant wait to get mine!
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    So shallow :P Plastic bikes are the future dammit!
  • weeksy59
    Well it's now arrived... well an hour ago actually but i was downstairs in the gym.

just waiting for someone to come to my desk to talk rubbish to me and then off to collect it and build it :)
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    All sorted........ Pics please
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Good news :)