wet weather gear

bobpzero
bobpzero Posts: 1,431
edited February 2009 in Workshop
had bought a Gill Ventilator Waterproof Jacket (real cheap £27) a while back. now considering the endura venturi jacket seeing event is meant to be more less sweat holding than goretex. tho having a bit of a thin waist line somewhere between 30in - 32in want a jacket that doesnt bloat outwards at the lower torso area. any ideas much appreciated

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I tried on a pair of Stealth bibtights a while ago and they felt pretty restrictive - they have a lot less 'give' than regular tights. They might be OK for MTB or commuting in all weathers, but probably less good for fast-paced road riding.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I have the Endura Event jacket. I like it and it is a fairly close fit.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I have used Gore PacLite and Event jackets, bought the latter because of it's alleged better breathability - the difference is fairly marginal, PacLite is lighter. I am currently using an Altura Attack Extreme which is supposedly very breathable, though it lacks the lifetime guarantee of the other two. The design and fit is excellent, its lightweight, sufficiently breathable, and fully waterproof. And Orange is the new Black!
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Gore Oxygen II for me - very snug fit but is plenty water proof.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    I have the Endura event too, it's not as snug as a Gore but doesn't flap about. That does mean that you can wear the Endura off the bike without attracting funny looks.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    edited February 2009
    so far on the wet weather stuff list already got
    goretex cap
    goretex mitts
    pro tarmac npu overshoes
    endura stealth tights
    gore oxygen 3 jacket

i guess thats me sortd
  • larmurf
    larmurf Posts: 110
    hi
    Dales are selling the
    Gore Oxygen SO Windstopper Jacket
    for half price. Seems like a bargain does
    anyone have one of them
    Mahatma Gandhi was asked by a British journalist what he thought of Western civilisation. "I think it would be a good idea," he replied.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    I don't rate Endura stuff one bit.I've had problems with everything from them.
    My last waterproof stuff was Campag Textran which is similar to Goretex but looks like normal road gear, especially the bib tights.
    Got them cheap from Wiggle last year and worth every penny