A splah oof colour - is ot ok?

2»

Comments

• matching socks and beanie hat......theres an idea!
  • Well i've said my bit on this. Your bike looks well jellikins.

As for you softlad. This psychology thesis was free. Next time there'll be a bill through your letterbox 8)
    I love the smell of carbon in the morning
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Blimey - Trinny and Susannah kicked off didnt it ?

Nothing wrong in having a nice bike - I have several - but I dont agonise for ages over colours. I like my bikes to work well and be clean - and to let me ride them. After all - thats what they are there for. If you want pretty - then I'd get a painting to look at. My bikes sit in the garage in the dark. I do love them - but its what they can give me through the experiences of riding and racing more than how they look.

And there is nothing sadder than a guy wearing 110% pro team kit who finds out the team have changed for next year.....
  • Maybe he just happened to like that particular kit and it doesn't bother him that it's now different.
    One thing that really bothers me about living in the UK is that people seem to think they have a right to make what you're doing their business to comment on. Like if you wear something different they seem to think it's their business, their right to shout out and let you know what they think of you.lol.
    When i first started cycling not very long ago, i went to work a few times in cycling gear because i didn't wanna get my work clothes sweaty. People seemed to think it was their duty to come up and ask me what the hell i was doing wearing all that. I was only wearing black bib shorts and an adidas jersey, no team or anything and nothing outrageous. It was as if they thought they were doing me a favour in telling me i didn't need to wear all that and to just wear jeans and a t shirt and stop being an idiot.lol.
    On the other hand, i've been to California quite a bit and you could walk down the road with bib shorts on your head and no one would bat an eyelid.
    Whats wrong with people here.

Sorry, little off topic there.lol
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    The-Dude wrote:
    One thing that really bothers me about living in the UK is that people seem to think they have a right to make what you're doing their business to comment on.

cast your mind back to the title of the thread:

"a splah oof colour - is ot ok" - which I'm assuming translates as "a splash of colour - is it ok?"

Anyway, the key to the title is the 'inquisitive' finish - in as much as the OP is inviting comment. But the fact that people are replying with comments and opinions seems to upset you..?
  • softlad
    edited February 2009
    double post
  • softlad
    edited February 2009
    triple post. This server needs a good kick up the ar5e...
  • I am not offended in the slightest if folk thought or think it is a bit red or OTT. I was genuinely asking (am still asking) what people think compared to the plain black and white scehem that I bought it in.

If I just wanted validation, the title would have been " My bike is great isn't it?".
  • jellikins
    jellikins Posts: 153
    edited February 2009
    :wink:
  • cougie
    Yeah nice bike.
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    Many many years ago, when I was a young un. I bought Mark Bell's pro MBK road bike. Gorgous to ride. 753 frame, campy super record, GP4's all the proper gear. It looked crap though, 'cos it had been raced for two years and wore a "well used look" that wasn't cool for a teenager. I loved riding and racing it but decided 18 months later to get it resprayed. I got a pink and yellow dayglo paint job (it was the 80's). I rode it for two months and then wrote it off in North Wales acting like a plonker. I have never got so anal about a bike since, although I just can't help colour coding my tape and matching my tyre logo's up with the wheel logos so they spin in sequence.

Nothing wrong with pimping your ride if it makes you feel good to ride it. Just avoid pink & yellow dayglo 'cos it makes you look like a tw*t. :wink:

I reckon the weather has got to everyone. Not enough riding going on. Too many grumps on this forum tonight, I'm going to bed and will try again tomorrow. :D
  • pink and yellow! f*k me. lol :lol:
  • Softlad, my last post wasn't directed at you. Infact if you read to the end it states, sorry for going off topic. So it wasn't even related to this topic. Do pay attention Bond :)
  • cougie
    Aaah the 80s.

I had purple, fluo yellow, and fluo orange all on the same bike. Class.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    softlad wrote:
    cougie wrote:
    Trinny and susannah do cycling !
    A bike is for riding - not a fashion statement.

I completely agree - but unfortunately, I think the weight of evidence on here suggests otherwise. While there's no law against anyone colour-coding their bike, I still read threads like these in utter disbelief...

sorry.

It's no where near as bad as the "what colour are your cycling shoes" thread.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo