What's happening at On One?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    has the shed finally dropped into the river?
    and he is moving into the front room!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Look on the bright side, it could mean they get even cheaper.

Although I'm not sure I want everybody to be riding round on an inbred.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Distributor plus another player`s margin........
    Whats the betting thats another 30% increase to contend with?
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • The rumours have been around for a while.

I just hope that this does not mean the end of the current models of On-One bikes (just finished my 26 Scandal which is lovely!)

I suppose it is inevitable that either going to a distributor or selling to a larger company would happen one day. I just hope that thye don't tinker with the brand too much.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    I kind of feel people like myself who ride a On-one are In there own little club :D and now It could go mainstream.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • http://www.bikebiz.com/news/30155/Brant ... ves-On-one

Wonder what the new brand will be called?

Sounds like an interesting idea! so many questions..

Will On-One continue to produce the current range of bikes and frames. Will the new designer/s continue with the brand in the same way? Will the new Chainreaction brand be a success? Will it gain more of a following than On-One.

I look forward to seeing what the new brand is all about.

Damn and I thought I was sorted with my Scandal for 2009..
  • For a "niche" brand, I see more On-Ones around Glasgow than any mainstream bike :lol:
  • true....there seems to be loads in bristol as well. But if you are doing something as good as the inbred etc then word will always get around. they are also loved by all the bike mags

it's a bit like having an old vw beetle ... you think you are cool and exclusive, yet they're everywhere

bad example i know!
    pain is temporary..... but it does hurt!
  • Sarnian
    I have only ever seen one other Inbred and one 456 on my Island.

I like the name shedfire :D
  • GEPC
    GEPC Posts: 123
    I ride an On One titanium framed 'ticrsoss' cross bike and have never seen another one. As such I feel very exclusive and enjoy the occasional comments from other commuters or bike shop mechanics who know their stuff and complement it.
    Its a shame Brandt is leaving. I bought the bike second hand but since I have had it have loved riding it and enjoyed the fact that company is not a big corporte beast but one man in his shed who would personally answer an e-mail by the next day (even if his answers were very short!).
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    CRC own brand is... BeOne.

Hmmmmm!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sonic the super sleuth strikes again.
  • Sarnian wrote:

I'm from there too!!!
  • So, all you have to do to start up a new brand is find another with 2 words or sylables and change one! What about OffOne? No, thought not..!
  • off-one
    off-one Posts: 155
    So, all you have to do to start up a new brand is find another with 2 words or sylables and change one! What about OffOne? No, thought not..!

What about me??????????????
  • Sarnian
    UncleFred wrote:
    Sarnian wrote:

I'm from there too!!!

Could It be, have I found another donkey on the forum.
  • off-one wrote:
    So, all you have to do to start up a new brand is find another with 2 words or sylables and change one! What about OffOne? No, thought not..!

What about me??????????????

Well, I reckon as its your username, that gives you some kind of legal right!

No actual knowledge behind any of that...