Best place to get a langster (Or similar)

spacemonkeys
spacemonkeys Posts: 32
edited February 2009 in Workshop
Does anybody know of any good deals on langsters ? Have seen 2008 for 325 but wonder if anybody had seen better, wouldn't mind the tri-cross single speed or the pinnicle single speed if good deal can be found ... gona be used for commuting

Comments

• rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    Pearsons Cycles, Sutton
  • Baytt
    Baytt Posts: 102
    i picked up a tricross single from http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/, for £325, ordered it last week on wednesday night and got it on friday morning.

its a good bike for commuting, nice and comfy without being to upright like the old hybrid i had. would certainly recommend it.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Langster and Tricross really quite DIFFERENT bikes (I have one of each!). The Langster won't take 'grds and will take no bigger than x25 tyres. The Tricross is fine with x32s and 'grds. IMO the Tricros is far better for "commuting" (especially in winter - mine has been out nearly every day for 3 months - the Langster maybe twice!).
    The Tri is also "easier" for new comers to fixed - considerably greater front-centre distance.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    I've got an '07 langster and in capable hands it CAN have 'guards fitted. Mine has full mudguards front and back.
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    I stand corrected - "it can't easily have full 'grds fitted and will (surely) take only x23 tyres with 'grds"! It ceratianly has no conventional fitting points at the front.

Having a Tri as well I didn't need to experiment!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • BUICK wrote:
    I've got an '07 langster and in capable hands it CAN have 'guards fitted. Mine has full mudguards front and back.

Hi - I'm picking one up tomorrow to use as a commuter (would have gone for a singlecross, but not so many of them secondhand). Which guards did you fit and how did you do it? I was going to just fit race blades, but if I can fit full guards, then great

Cheers

Jon