Change of mind!!

pacmania
pacmania Posts: 43
edited February 2009 in MTB buying advice
Posted on here last week about which hardtail I sould go for with a budget of around £400 - £450, couldn't decide between the Scott Aspect 45 or the GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc, ordered my GT but then found out that my employer is re-launching the cycle to work scheme next week. SO!! - What do I choose now my budget has doubled, seriously thinking about the Specialized Rockhopper Expert, any ideas on what I should be looking for? I will of course try before I buy but would appreciate some pointers....... thanks in advance........

Comments

• Cheers Joe, but really want a hardtail not full sus............
  • tompug
    tompug Posts: 227
    Go for the boardman pro hardtail as they are halfords only ( they do cycle to work).
  • baser
    baser Posts: 127
    I bought the boardman pro hardtail last year on cycle to work and its awesome. I rode quite a few bikes from LBS's and Halfords before I decided on the boardman. It might not suit the the kind of riding you are likely to do though, its very skitish on long decents due to its low weight but it is very very fast and wants to be ridden fast, I got stopped by the cops on it for speeding on the way home last weekend!!!! It is an awesome XC machine with great kit SRAM X0 / X9 gears are really good compared to the XT's on my other bike.

Thats my 2p's worth anyway

Good luck
  • Baser, never considered the boardman but thanks for the advice, will try one out!!!!
  • OK - question about the boardman - only got 20" frames in stock - I'm 5' 8" - I know that each bike is different but do you think this will be OK for me? I tried the GT Avalanche 1.0 in a large and that was fine......
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Im 5' 11 and have the 18" Boardman Team...I think you would bt pushing it on a 20" at your height. However, its all reletive, I would make sure and give it a good try before you buy.
  • No 18" Boardman pros in the country!!! will try the 20" but don't hold out much chance of it being right for me - so, back to my original question re: Spezialized Rockhopper Expert - is this the best for the money taking the boardman out of the picture?
  • Decided to order a Cube Ltd Race 09 - checked one out this morning and fell in love with it.... ordered through the cycle to work scheme - any views on this bike?