downhill crank

boybetterknow
boybetterknow Posts: 44
edited January 2009 in MTB buying advice
hi peeps im after some info on dh cranks,i have a norco sasquatch 07 hardtail,i want to upgrade to a dh crank,instead of my 2 speed crank(tuvativ hussefelt).will a dh crank fit on my bike if so would i need a different bottom bracket?
ive been looking at the truvativ hussefelt howitzer dh chainset,on chain reaction cycles what i want to know is,will this fit,also would i be able to fit a chain device to?
any help or advice would be great thanks.

Comments

• F0R7UN3
    F0R7UN3 Posts: 161
    For a good strong dh crankset that has a reasonable weight is the Shimano saints. they take plenty of abuse, and are generally that racers choice. They run hollowtech bb's which are generally compatiable with almost all frames as you get them in 68, 73 and 83mm bottom bracket sizes. I think from memory your norco is 73 so they should fit no problem. <- dont quote me, check before you buy.

Ive run saints on 2bikes now which has been about a season of hardriding and had no problems. Alot of my friends and riding buddies run them aswell with no problems what so ever. I've never heard someone complain abuot saints, invest, fit and forget. the bottom brackets last for ages aswell which is a bonus.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Saints are compatiable wiht most chainguides. Id recommend a E 13 SRS, or if you want something a bit lighter a LG1 with taco. You could also look into a gamut, or an mrp.
    Pinkbike Username = Fortune
    Bikes: Santa cruz v10 and Gt ruckus uf
    v10 = http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2834474/
  • thanks for your reply mate,any certain models to go for,i will look into what size my bb is,also check for the saint cranks cheers