hope floating discs on Xtr?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2009 in MTB general
Has anyone done this fitted hope floating rotors to Xtr calipers, and if so is there any difference,
cheers paul

Comments

• Anonymous
    i take it no one has done this.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well Hope do make more than one floating rotor so link to whick you are thinking about.

and may i ask why?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    alrite Nick
    just to compare weight / bling factor never seen a rig with Xtr with hope floating rotors.
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    Did you try the hope discs on your XTR capilers cos i'm thinking of doing the same with these rotors http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Hope_Floating_Rotor/5360029666/
    But obviously dont want to order them if they dont fit the xtr calipers, so just wondering if anyone else was running this combo ? If not then its a call to Hope :)
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. To quote JRA who sell them "These should fit most brakes although you may need to trim the pad prongs on certain models (eg Avid, Hayes) to avoid fouling the connectors between the alloy and steel parts."

I'm thinking about the same upgrade myself. The hopes are quite a lot lighter than normal ss plates. And they am bling :D
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. To quote JRA who sell them "These should fit most brakes although you may need to trim the pad prongs on certain models (eg Avid, Hayes) to avoid fouling the connectors between the alloy and steel parts."

I'm thinking about the same upgrade myself. The hopes are quite a lot lighter than normal ss plates. And they am bling :D

LOL yep i just spotted that on the JRA site :) So looks like i'll be giving it a try 8) Blingtastic
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Vaguely similar, I'm using their saw rotors with XT calipers without issue.