pedals

alibabameister
alibabameister Posts: 100
edited January 2009 in MTB buying advice
Looking at getting some flat pedals and wondered if any one could reccomend any?Whats the difference between them all and whats the difference between dmr V8's and V12's?

Cheers
AL

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Plenty of threads on this wortjh searching.

Basically the V12 has cartridge bearings, the V8 loose balls.

Both are made by Wellgo, who do their own cheaper range. Take a look at the Wellgo Mg1, much lighter than either.
  • xand_xand
    xand_xand Posts: 271
    wellgo MG-1 £30 or so ebay
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    The MG1 is a no brainer - super light, sealed and robust too.
  • turbodog
    turbodog Posts: 246
    I was looking at DMR V12 few months ago till many people on this and other forums has told me to look at Wellgo MG1. It is amazing cheap for its massive grip and light weight. And it is very identical to V12.

Give it a try coz you wouldn't be disappointed.
  • nealgs
    nealgs Posts: 44
    recieved my Black Wellgo MG1's on Tuesday gone 8) - can't believe at home light they are in relation to my original pedals (Surefoot 31s).

Very quick delivery from HK, cost was appx £29, took 7 days to arrive. Fitted yesterday, and will be trying them tomorrow.

regards
    Gary
    Claud Butler - Olympus D2 :)
  • F0R7UN3
    F0R7UN3 Posts: 161
    hey, I'd personally recommend a set of Easton Flatboys/Cullys. Awesome pedals, very grippy. I've used mine alot, beaten them of rocks, roots, trees you name it. They'll take plenty of abuse and very grippy.

Mind you it, its not all about the pedal, you could have the grippiest pedals in the world, but if your shoes are awful they wont do much good. I normal ride in skate shoes and with my cullys i have plenty of grip for riding downhill and trails. If you want ultimate grip id recommend a set of flatboys/cullys and a pair for Fivetens. So much grip you'll think you'r running SPDS!

A good set of pedals are expensive, but id recommend spending that little bit extra. On Chainreaction cullys are 70quid which might seem alot, but, i ran a set of v12s before and snapped them pedal body in 2months of hard riding, while my cullys have lasted me 8months or so now and have taken alot more abuse than i gave the v12s.
    Pinkbike Username = Fortune
    Bikes: Santa cruz v10 and Gt ruckus uf
    v10 = http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2834474/