n00b in the house

willnoob
willnoob Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
What tyres should I buy to go really fast? I don't want to be slowed down........

Does wearing overshoes make me go faster or should I just not wear them and let my feet get wet?

Do I really need to take cash with me on a ride.....surely it just slows me down?

oh and my left knee is really really really hurting......but I guess if I just ride a bit harder the pain will go away?

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    talk about taking the psis ..........
  • LittleB0b
    LittleB0b Posts: 416
    willnoob wrote:

Do I really need to take cash with me on a ride.....surely it just slows me down?

Definitely not - what you should do is give it all to me <inserts winning smile>
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    But surely overshoes add weight & therefore slow you down?

Don't take cash - take 2 credit cards, putting one in each shoe - voila . . . stiffer soles!
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • willnoob wrote:
    What tyres should I buy to go really fast? I don't want to be slowed down........

Pirelli P1's attached to Mclaren F1?
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Yes, and you killed it off, Stef! :wink:

However, I agree. Willyknob should have done a proper search before starting up this well-worn thread.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    pneumatic wrote:
    Yes, and you killed it off, Stef! :wink:

However, I agree. Willyknob should have done a proper search before starting up this well-worn thread.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think you may find that this is nothing more than a thinly-veiled (and, may I say reasonably accurate) dig at a similarly-named forum user....
  • thiscocks
    thiscocks Posts: 549
    willnoob wrote:

Does wearing overshoes make me go faster or should I just not wear them and let my feet get wet?

oh and my left knee is really really really hurting......but I guess if I just ride a bit harder the pain will go away?

You took the time to sign-up to a forum to type that. Well done, I'm sure your parents are really proud of you.