DIY Lug lining

cpeachey
cpeachey Posts: 1,057
edited January 2009 in Workshop
I am currently having my Morris painted at Armourtex but I need to fix my own transfers and do the lug lining.
:?: What do people use to do the lining (gold)?
:?: What do you seal the water-slide transfers with?
Chris

Comments

• DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    CPeachey wrote:
    I am currently having my Morris painted at Armourtex but I need to fix my own transfers and do the lug lining.
    :?: What do people use to do the lining (gold)?
    :?: What do you seal the water-slide transfers with?
    Chris

Can't answer question 2, but have lined frames that have already been factory-finished, and straightforward Humbrol or Revell enamels from your local toy or model shop work absolutely fine. I've used silver and gold in the past to good effect, and it does help if the frame has already been lacquered as small mistakes can be cleaned up with a little white spirit on kitchen roll without damaging the main paint job. Other tips;

1) Stir/shake the tin well before starting, especially if using metallic paint
    2) Use a nice, thin decent-quality brush
    3) Take your time!

Hope this helps.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • From the ever useful Classic Lightweights site:

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/lu ... -rest.html
  • cpeachey
    cpeachey Posts: 1,057
    Thanks to you both. The website is a gem, I'm suprised I never found it. I tried with an old pot of Humbrol today but the paint was too gluey. I will try with the other stuff when I can get some.
    What about sealing the transfers after the enammelling?
    Chris
  • I'd go for multiple very thin applications of clearcoat. You're using waterslide transfers I take it?