How quiet......

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited January 2009 in The Crudcatcher
.... is the sandbox..... ?

C'mon guys, let's liven it up a little!!!

What's everyones plans for today/the weekend?

For me, not a lot, a bit of tinkering with the bike today, then food shopping (joy), maybe a shandy or two tonight... then tomorrow feck all, may 'attempt' a gentle ride Sunday morning then have a 'Australia Day' quiz night Sunday evening.... £1 a pint of fosters... bring it! :D

Who said my life wasn't all about the rock 'n' roll.... 8)

Comments

• Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Had my head in a nasty spreadsheet all morning :evil:

Hopefully going to do nine holes this aft, jut dont tell my boss!!

Out on bike tomorrow. Weather supposed to be good

Golf comp on Sunday. Weather supposed to be rank :cry:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Well its 12.36, i got up about 30 mins ago, had my toast and am now waiting for the GF to get ready to go out.
    Off into Cardiff for a walk around.

This weekend we're probably doing more planning etc as to what we're doing after uni, we've decided to do a "round the world" type thing with a 12 month ticket.
    UK->LA->Aukland->Perth->HongKong->Cairns-> Overland to Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne -> Fiji-> Sydney->Singapore->UK

Something like that anyways...cheapest STAtravel have come up with for us, but it misses out Thailand :( so we may have to rethink.

Oh, and i've jsut been told that the GF's cousin is getting married in Vancouver, and she can't figure out why i'm so ademant that i'm going! :twisted:
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Me, probably nothing.
    It's raining outside, it's warm, but it's raining, and raining and raining and.........

But this was happening last weekend. :)

3220298270_a10fcdb8ff.jpg
  • ITs too wet to ride the normal route this weekend, so I'll probably just try and get some road miles under my belt. Oh, and Huddersfield at home tomorrow.
  • Typical Nice/Nasty weekend for me....

Off to see some family and getting new wheels and disc brakes for the bike...

but also need to finish the drainage and soak away for our extension, so will be knee deep in mud in the rain on sunday!

Oh well, tomorrow at least will be fun!
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • xtreem
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Nice photo :)
    Thanks.
    Actualy, that's my first decent photo taken by my 11year old cousin.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Going digging up at Gisburn Forest tomorrow helping build the new trails. Weather's supposed to be good too.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Going to Llandegla tomorrow, its supposed to be sunny so should be a good day. I might do a photoday, and get loads of pics of our progress.

Is Gisburn any good Jon? How long are the trails there?
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    Going to the local Dh trails tomorrow over inverness, suposed to be crap weather so mud mud mud :D
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • popped into 2 shops today for bikes. Saw stuff from specialized, genesis, trek, marin, orange, santa cruz, yeti, cannondale etc etc. Really impressed with the Marin Nail Trail and Orange P7. Tempted to go upto preston one day to merlins, just looks a reet mess on the train.

over the weekend, some sports on telly, helping my brother who's emigrated to canada arrange his wedding by dealing with family here to get numbers of whose flying out etc and otherwise god knows!
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    I'm buying a new shaver from Bluewater this weekend then cycling on Sunday with my new and improved fashion stubble. :lol:
  • Hopefully will get out on the bike for a bit tomorrow if it's not too muddy. I'm not worried about the mud, it's just that the bike lives on the balcony in my flat and has to be carried through the house which is covered in cream walls and carpets. No matter how much time I spend cleaning it afterwards I still manage to get mud in the house! Moving house in a week or so and then I can get as muddy as I like because the bike will be living in the garage.

Saturday night I'm adding to Britain's binge drinking problem. There's a night near me where it's £14.50 for all your drinks all night! Never been to anything like this before (except work Christmas do with a free bar but that was full of fairly well behaved people) and I've a feeling it could get quite messy.

So that completely writes off Sunday.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Jimbob_no5
    i got out today, first proper ride out on it, it rides so damn fast, so i went and nailed the 25ft road gap :D twas rather spanking, got blathered in mud with a few other guys
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    XC fest for me today with glentress red. Good day for it, was pretty busy. But I guess thats to be expected at the weekend! I find the weekend far too short these days...
  • xtreem
    so i went and nailed the 25ft road gap
    I see you're not wasting the potencial of the bike.
    Keep it that way. :)
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Jimbob_no5 wrote:
    i got out today, first proper ride out on it, it rides so damn fast, so i went and nailed the 25ft road gap :D twas rather spanking, got blathered in mud with a few other guys

Glad you enjoyed your new bike Jim. But whats this about thrashing about in mud with men, I'm not too keen on that!
  • Jimbob_no5
    trust you to think of it like that :lol:

going back again next sat to play some more, just need to sort the brakes out, squeeling little a pig :(
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)