Oh god.. i'm in trouble... i saw new shiny bikes yesterday !

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited January 2009 in MTB general
Uh oh...

I went to have a few bits done to my Carrera and when i collected i had my little man with me, so had a wander round the shop... DAMN there's some nice kit out there.

the sort of triangular frame Treks are simply stunning.

I've always been know for being a bit 'bling' with my toys, which are usually motorbikes, i've had plenty of Ducati's simply because they're pretty. My current steed is a KTM 950 Supermoto R, mostly i paid a Grand extra for 'paint' LOL.

Someone stop me before i throw caution to the wind and lob £800 at a new Trek :)

Comments

• i try and avoid looking at the new bikes in my lbs now for the grren eyed monster popping out and trying to convince me to buy a shuiny new one! (Cube's and Lapierre)

they look so irresistable!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Do it, do it, do it, you know you want to and just think how proud the little man would be that daddy is riding a shiney new Trek.

If the mrs asks though I had nothing to do with it! :D
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    better not look at the new KTM mountain bikes then heh
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    I had the same thing yesterday, one of my riding mates works In my LBS I only popped In to speak to him, but hanging up In the shop Is last years Scott Spark for £1700. I almost blow the family's holiday money for this year, my mate did not help trying to give It the hard sale.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • It's a great time of year to have a new bike. The whole spring and summe to look forward to. Man you work hard you gotta get some reward for it, what's life for.......

:twisted: :twisted:
    Be happy, communicate happiness.
  • weeksy59
    oh GOD how nice are the Cubes....

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn.

And only £32 a month LOL.... shit i can spend that in 4 minutes in Tescos.
  • weeksy59 wrote:

And only £32 a month LOL.... shoot i can spend that in 4 minutes in Tescos.

That's 4 of those 3W LED torches!

....Or a shiny new Cube.......

I know which I'd go for!

......Someone lock this thread now, and all threads like it, before I get in trouble! :twisted:
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • weeksy59
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Larg ... 0509-1.jpg

You have to be a lot slimmer and better looking to carry one of these off though.

They're like the Audi TT coupe of bikes ;)
  • weeksy59 wrote:
    You have to be a lot slimmer and better looking to carry one of these off though.

Are you calling me fat and ugly!? :shock:

......Stop lurking outside my house looking through my window!
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • darren636
    darren636 Posts: 102
    m-trax ti 1000- back when i was rubbish.
    evo 8 - i am continuing to be rubbish.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    weeksy59 wrote:

They're like the Audi TT coupe of bikes ;)

what...you mean you need to be a hairdresser to ride one? :wink:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • ianpinder
    ianpinder Posts: 266
    If it makes you feel better about spending £800 on a trek I just about to order one of these and one of these at a total cost of £4000
    Cycling the Tour D'Afrique in 2012

www.tda2012.com
  • Agoogy
    Agoogy Posts: 66
    I caved in.... spunked £2049 on an '08 Lapierre 714........mmmm feels goooood.
    Lapierre 714 - nicked from Centre Parcs
    2009 Stuntjumper HT Expert Carbon
  • I was soo tempted last weekend in our LBS, I got home looked online for bargains I was determined to find a new bike, so was searching all the sites that special 0% interest :D

that Cube up there just looks amazing in my opionin...

its not until my gf brings me down to reality and points out we have no money and would i rather live in a house or on a bike... then i have to take a step back and realise the bike i have is actually fine atm :(

moral of the story, if you can afford it BUY IT!!!! if you can't look for 0% interest, but don't tell the wife!
  • weeksy59
    Willetto wrote:
    look for 0% interest, but don't tell the wife!

A method that has served me well for many many purchases over the past 5 years :)
  • weeksy59 wrote:

Are you calling me fat and ugly!? :shock:

......Stop lurking outside my house looking through my window!

Might be on to something there.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Cubes are insanely beautiful!

I think I will make it my first full suss.....in about 10 years. :roll:
  • I dont get the Cubes - paint finishes are nice, but the suspension design on the link ^ - looks like a 8 year old Rocky mountain...
  • mellex
    mellex Posts: 214
    ianpinder wrote:
    I just about to order one of these

Amazing. Always loved NICOLAI frames. They're bomb proof to the point that should you be unfortunate enough to 'do an Atherton', I sure as hell wouldn't want to be inside the SUV as you mash through it.

Post pictures when you've built it up please.
  • my lbs has the Cube AMS in and a zesty 514 (i think) and a spicy of similar spec and a coupl eoother lapierre's the cheapest of which being £1500 odd and some very cheap Cube's - £400 ish that look very nice! although i really doubt i could pull of the 'it was only the £400 one ot the wife if i appeared with a full on Cube!
    oh, and really Love the Apple green and Black team frames, they look So nice! i have to stop going in there soon for fear of irrational spending!

trouble is i have an xc bouncer frame in the shed thats getting built up with the old parts i have upgraded on the Carbon ht, so i really dont need another bike, But they are Just So tempting!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Crack the credit crunch and buy a new bike! :lol:

This excuse has not been tested on the wife, yet.
  • sperks
    sperks Posts: 4
    got exactly the same problem in love with a trek fuel ex 7 but the misses is'nt having any of it, want it.....no need it, but cant convince her and thinking about not telling her and keeping it at my mates house !
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Bikes always look stunning in shops.

I saw my bike in a Specialized Concept store and it looked better in the shop than it does in my house.
  • so where in the northwest of england could one purchase said cube in link - as opposed to buying it from crc..
  • Try:

Surosa Cycles Limited
    Street 85-89 Lees Road
    ZIP Code GB-OL4 1JW
    City Oldham
    Phone +44 (0)161 624 8260

They stock cube bikes....based in Oldham, 5 mins from teh town centre
    Spec fsr 09
    Cannondale '90 Hard Tale
    GT steel hard tale
  • ianpinder
    ianpinder Posts: 266
    mellex wrote:
    ianpinder wrote:
    I just about to order one of these

Amazing. Always loved NICOLAI frames. They're bomb proof to the point that should you be unfortunate enough to 'do an Atherton', I sure as hell wouldn't want to be inside the SUV as you mash through it.

Post pictures when you've built it up please.

seeing as they won't be built for another 8 months here is my old one which will have to serve you until the new ones are ready...

2647365350_19bd926393_b.jpg
    Cycling the Tour D'Afrique in 2012

www.tda2012.com