Totalcycling.com any good??

Wappygixer
Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
edited January 2009 in Workshop
I've found total cycling to be the cheapest by a long shot for Sapim CX ray spokes.
Has anyone used this company and if so are they OK?

Its just they are about £10 a box cheaper than anywhere else and I don't wanna spend £100 on fakes

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.

Verdict = Order something and it'll take ages to come, but otherwise OK.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Used them and they're fine.... Worth calling to check they have what you want before ordering. Along with some other online bike shops with unreliable or non-existent stock information.
  • Having used them for the first (and last) time recently, I think you know where I stand.

Life's too short to deal with idiots like these guys. Don't bother.
  • I had bad experience with them .Placed an order for three items all showing in stock. They took about 3 weeks to ship, order then only partially shipped, no reply to emails until I threatened with Trading standards and when the remaining shipment was made it was wrong. Gave up in the end and swore never to use these incompetent idiots ever again!
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,470
    I've used them a few times. Yes, they usually take a week or two to deliver because they don't have a lot of the stuff in stock, but at the same time they are cheap, and they also sell a lot of things that you can't get anywhere else - little odds and ends that most other online shops can't be bothered with. Swings and roundabouts I suppose - they're just offering a different type of service.
  • Floodcp
    Floodcp Posts: 190
    Total cycling do not do fakes.
    I live close to the shop and use them regularly. I have no doubt that the stuff they supply is all authentic and normally at a good price.
    Yes sometimes they dont have the items in stock but then a lot of online shops are the same now. If it was me I would give them a call before ordering just to check stock.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Thanks for all the comments on this people.
    You always hear the bad points about any company and rarely does someone post about the good points, we like to moan and not praise in a lot of cases I think.
    I have placed an order and did phone before hand to check stock.As I'm saving over £40 on spokes I'm prepared to take a short wait.I don't need the wheels until the good British weather gets here on about the 14th August for the day. :evil:
    I hope all goes smoothly an will keep you informed.
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Because I live in Northern Ireland I called in yesterday to pick up a Fizik Antares and got talking to one of the guys who said that because of the weak pound business had gone through the roof,particularly to Japan!This may be the reason for lwer than normal stock and longer delivery times but they are IMHO a good company and nice guys.
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    have used them several times and it's really on ly taken a day or 2 for stuff to arrive - i do live in NI though. They defo don't do fakes, they're a reputable company with a good history and feed some money back into the sport (locally) too.
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    I've used them a number of times (off the top of my head, I'd guess three tiimes over the past 12 months or so) - mainly for Campagnolo clothing. Each time, the price has been better than anywhere else I could find on the web and the stuff took maybe 3 or 4 days to arrive - longer than a few other mail order places, like Rapha or Geoffrey Butler, but nothing that I can't live with quite happily.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I have had no problems, though only ordered a couple of items. Overshoes which they called to say were out of stock, and they wouldnt have any so they offered an alternative at no extra cost. And some tyres, which took a little while to arrive but not their fault as it was christmas...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I've used them before, they even called me to check I'd ordered the right things as I ordered handlebars of one diamater and a stem of another diameter, they took the time to check. I'd recommend them, although they were nothing amazing: you order online, [pay them, and the goods come back in the post, simple as that.
  • Quite a few negatives here, so I thought I'd chime in to balance it out.

I've used them several times over the years & always thought they were ok. I've been happy with the service + prices.