Kuota Kharma ??

Bonno
Bonno Posts: 69
edited January 2013 in Workshop
Anyone got one?
Are they ok?
what size do you recommend for a guy a tad under 6ft ?
Always fancied a Kuota, now seen one on offer ! :wink: Cheers

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    I've had one for 3 years - superb bike. When I'm in the market for a carbon bike again, Kuota will be in for consideration again.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    I almost bought a Kharma, but got a Bianchi (Alu) instead, only because I'll be transporting it quite a bit by plane and prefer aluminum over carbon for that reason. The Kharma looked like a lovely bike. About size, your height is meaningless, inseam a bit more meaningfull, but better still to use one of the online bike size calculator programs (for instance http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CC ... ATOR_INTRO), and of course try it out.
  • Slow Downcp
    Inside leg is also meaningless for correct bike fit - you can always raise/lower the saddle. Top tube length/reach is the important measurement IMO. I'm around the same height and mine is a Large, although I know people with longer torso/arms that would ride an XL.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Don't go by bikefit calculator if i were you, was completely wrong for me, i think the only way to tell is to ride 'em, if i went by that calculator then i feel i would have ended up with a bike much to large as my current 57 cm frame (i'm 6 ') feels a bit big and tends to wobble a bit sometimes compared to my 54 :?
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    If you are anywhere up t'North, then get yee to Paul Hewiit's. He sells Kuotas and you will get an unrivalled bike fitting service with it :D:D

Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • I've got a Kuota Kharma, had it for about 18 months and love it. Can't wait for the good weather to ditch the winter trainer! I'm 5' 9 and i ride a large if that helps at all. Got minr from Graham Weigh's in Deeside, highly recommended shop and very helpful staff.
  • I have an '06 Kharma, and I love it - traded up from an old basic Giant OCR and the difference was like night and day.
    Sizing wise, I'm a tad over 5ft 8 and fairly sure mine's a 54 frame but i went with a shorter stem as my reach isnt as long as a mans and I replaced the seat post for similar reasons. Seems to fit me well and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1882561/
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    +1 for Hewitt cycles
  • Bonno
    Thanks for the feedback guys
    Took the plunge (having not seen one close up ) and ordered one from Dooley's cycles on wednesday night ... frame arrived Friday (thanks Dooley's :wink: ) Went for the large size as geometry matched my present frame. Looks great and can't wait to get new shiny bits for it and take it out in the sun :lol:
    Just one question, as it's an Italian frame can i assume the bottom bracket thread is Italian ?? Thanks
  • Slow Downcp
    It's an English thread - on mine it is anyway - although Kuota is an Italian company, the frame are made in the Far East (as are most carbon frames nowadays).
  • Bonno
    It's an English thread - on mine it is anyway - although Kuota is an Italian company, the frame are made in the Far East (as are most carbon frames nowadays).

Thanks, better check before i start forcing an Italian BB on then :lol:
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    I've got a Kuota Kebel. I got mine from Aire Valley Cycles in Keighley
    West Yorkshire. It came with a English BB. I think if you get one via the official importer dhw agencies it should come with an English BB.
  • e999sam
    I've got a Kuota Kebel. I got mine from Aire Valley Cycles in Keighley
    West Yorkshire. It came with a English BB. I think if you get one via the official importer dhw agencies it should come with an English BB.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    is there much advantage \ difference between the Kebel and the Kharma ? - I currently ride an Alu pinarello - very twitchy and racey - which I like - just wonder which one replicates that racey feel the most !
  • e999sam
    I would say the Kebel feels twitchy. But I wouldn't know how it compared to the Kharma or Pinarello because I haven't riden them.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I have both a Kharma and a K.O.M. Both are great bikes IMHO. The K.O.M. climbs like a mountain goat on speed and is a true race bike. The Kharma is a well smooth ride and I feel more upright on it but is no slouch.

Dip your bread, Kuota make top class frames.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    I have both a Kharma and a K.O.M. Both are great bikes IMHO. The K.O.M. climbs like a mountain goat on speed and is a true race bike. The Kharma is a well smooth ride and I feel more upright on it but is no slouch.

Dip your bread, Kuota make top class frames.

I am just a bit concerned that I might find the Kharma a bit mundane - after the racey pinarello - but one shop have quoted an extra £450 for the Kebel over the Kharma .....but the diffrence in frame price is £250 !
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I wouldn't describe the Kharma's ride as mundane, but, that doesn't mean you wouldn't.

As for the price difference between the two, I don't know.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Frank the tank

I am curious as to what size KOM and Kharma you have. I have a Kharma at the moment and am looking at a KOM Evo or KOM Air, however, I am unable to ride one at this time because they are no longer distributed in the U.S.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.