I love commuting, now more than ever!

13»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Back on topic.

Fulcrums Day 2

Today I found the perfect gear, perfect cadence and perfect pedal stroke during my commute. It made each pedal stroke feel effortless for what felt like an indefinate amount of time. I love doing this, its not a sprint, spinning or mashing the cranks. Its just riding. It is a sensation I find hard to describe.

I love the continual circular feel of each pedal stroke constantly going round and round too the point that I cannot distinguish whether its the downforce push or the momentum created by it that is turning cranks. When move onto the freewheel, oh that sound a symphony of passionate engineering - you don't make something sound like that unless there was passion for that sound behind the motivation.

For the first time I felt I could actually ride 30miles at a steady pace.

I love my Fulcrums, I really do.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Hi, I'm John, 35, Taurus.

I don't feel the fear when I'm on the bike, but it was turning (like bad milk) 35 and starting to become a fat ba*d that finally pushed me over the edge to make the effort, get the bike out of the garage and get back to cycling again.

Now I remember that I love it. The ride to work is the best part of the day. I'd happily spend a fortune on bikes and related gear, only the Mrs. and her financial prudence holds me in check :)
    Today is a good day to ride
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Back on topic.

Fulcrums Day 2

I love my Fulcrums, I really do.

Nope. I'm not convinced.
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
    Haro Freestyler Sport 1984
    Coming Soon...Canyon Nerve AM 7.0
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    OMG DDD I AM A PISCES YOU ARE AT ONE W/ MYSTERIES OF UNIVERSE!!1!1one!

I reckon LiT is an Earth sign and Jash is an air sign....

What does that even mean?

*googles

free spirited, philosophical, intellectual and open-minded – able to discuss and debate just about any topic.

Mmmm - but apparently I'm a Fire Sign anyway, although the Air stuff is all true, here's the killer:

active, creative, ingenious, dynamic, energetic and very physically attractive.

:lol::lol:

Of course as CP has pointed out, it is a load of cr@p. (Apart from the intellectual, ingenious and attractive) bits which are patently true.

Ah, there is much solace to found in the celestial.
  • il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Back on topic.

Fulcrums Day 2

I love the continual circular feel of each pedal stroke constantly going round and round too the point that I cannot distinguish whether its the downforce push or the momentum created by it that is turning cranks.

You have discovered Souplesse.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Back on topic.

Fulcrums Day 2

I love the continual circular feel of each pedal stroke constantly going round and round too the point that I cannot distinguish whether its the downforce push or the momentum created by it that is turning cranks.

You have discovered Souplesse.

I knew in my fat man body there is a Grand Tour winning cyclist dying to get out! :D
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    biondino wrote:

DDD, it transpires that I am indeed an earth sign... however, like in maths exams, you have to show your workings before you can get a good grade, so why do you make these assertions?

Also, I wikipedia'd it...

It's hilarious... but we don't get as good a write-up...
    Earth signs are traditionally associated with stability, solidarity, and practicality. According to astrological theory, they are realistic, cautious, hard-working, and dependable people with the ability to rise steadily to positions of power and control. However, at their worst, they are said to be highly materialistic, limited in outlook, and inhibited. They are seen as negative, introverted, and owing to their focus on their own work and goals that tend to move them away from an active social life with others.
    Some find that physically, individuals born under the sign of Capricorn tend to have dark hair, steady eyes, a dark complexion, capable hands, and prominent cheekbones. The body is often tall and angular, with a tendency for the back to bend with age. The eyes are small, dark and beady.

Oi! How rude! :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    biondino wrote:

DDD, it transpires that I am indeed an earth sign... however, like in maths exams, you have to show your workings before you can get a good grade, so why do you make these assertions?

Also, I wikipedia'd it...

It's hilarious... but we don't get as good a write-up...
    Earth signs are traditionally associated with stability, solidarity, and practicality. According to astrological theory, they are realistic, cautious, hard-working, and dependable people with the ability to rise steadily to positions of power and control. However, at their worst, they are said to be highly materialistic, limited in outlook, and inhibited. They are seen as negative, introverted, and owing to their focus on their own work and goals that tend to move them away from an active social life with others.
    Some find that physically, individuals born under the sign of Capricorn tend to have dark hair, steady eyes, a dark complexion, capable hands, and prominent cheekbones. The body is often tall and angular, with a tendency for the back to bend with age. The eyes are small, dark and beady.

Oi! How rude! :lol:

Ok, firstly I don't believe in Astrology and I

If may be so bold, to me you appear to be more fortunate than others. Regardless of this you appear to be grounded and your perchant for practicality speaks out in your personality. Those are Earth sign traits and based on that I made my guess.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:

If may be so bold, to me you appear to be more fortunate than others. Regardless of this you appear to be grounded and your perchant for practicality speaks out in your personality. Those are Earth sign traits and based on that I made my guess.

Fair play on the workings... I've never really looked into it.

I thought that the combination of 'negative, introverted... move away from an active social life' and '...with a tendency for the back to bend with age. The eyes are small, dark and beady' made capricorns sound a little like beady-eyed hunchbacked hermit!!

:lol:
  • I thought that the combination of 'negative, introverted... move away from an active social life' and '...with a tendency for the back to bend with age. The eyes are small, dark and beady' made capricorns sound a little like beady-eyed hunchbacked hermit!!

And your complaint is what, exactly? :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    Surely this bit is true?

Individuals born under the sign of Capricorn tend to have dark hair, steady eyes, a dark complexion, capable hands, and prominent cheekbones.

Well maybe not the dark complexion bit... :P D
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg66 wrote:
    I thought that the combination of 'negative, introverted... move away from an active social life' and '...with a tendency for the back to bend with age. The eyes are small, dark and beady' made capricorns sound a little like beady-eyed hunchbacked hermit!!

People in glass houses, 66... :twisted:
  • Greg66 wrote:

Shouldn't walk around naked? (unless the onlookers beg them to - ahem!)

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Capable hands!? Ooh er missus!

I'm such a child :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Surely this bit is true?

Individuals born under the sign of Capricorn tend to have dark hair, steady eyes, a dark complexion, capable hands, and prominent cheekbones.

And a tail and claws, which doctors chop off at birth.

I read that on the Internet somewhere. I think.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Shouldn't walk around naked? (unless the onlookers beg them to - ahem!)

Certainly not, if they're a beady-eyed reclusive hunchback...

Mentioning no names...

:wink:
  • Garou
    Garou Posts: 33
    This is still off-topic but quite funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_sign

The descriptions even tell you what jobs you should be doing, and what parts of the body you're responsible for - something everyone should know, obviously.

As a cancer, i'm apparently in charge of the stomach and breasts. I'm pretty happy with that.
    'I'm not in the business; I am the business.'
  • Keyword [sic]: "I know". Intellectual, unique (WTF? Which ones are the clones?) and attractive. Oh yeah baby.

I'm also tolerant *and* rebellious. How does that work?

Reads like a Briggs Myers personality profiling report.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Ooooh this one's fun too...

My 'keyword' is 'I use'.

They also reckon I'm patient, prudent and responsible. Fools.

:twisted:
  • il_principe
    Ooh oh I get hips and THIGHS, assuming that includes everything in...

I'll stop there.

Too many jokes to go into.

Oh God.

Sorry.

:shock:
  • Uh-oh.

I'm ruled by Uranus.

But whose?

(and ankles? FFS! Ankles? Jesus!)

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Garou
    Garou Posts: 33
    Unfortunately jash i think Scorpio has already snuck its way into your preferred anatomical zone, you only get to watch from the sidelines. :(

Unless of course I misunderstood something.
    'I'm not in the business; I am the business.'
  • il_principe
    Garou wrote:
    Unfortunately jash i think Scorpio has already snuck its way into your preferred anatomical zone, you only get to watch from the sidelines. :(

Unless of course I misunderstood something.

Never trust an arachnid.