Help needed working out Beone geometry ?

pud77
pud77 Posts: 144
edited January 2009 in Workshop
Just looking through the chainreaction sales and seen the Beone Briza in the sales. Looking at the dimensions given for the 59cm size I cannot work out what they mean. Is the dimension for the seat tube correct ? Shouldn't frame size = seat tube, they are both c-t ? Most of the other bikes have them the same. I am thinking that perhaps the seat tube measurement is c-c ......

BeOne Briza 1.0/2.0 2008
Frame size(c-t) 59cm
Seat Tube(c-t) 53cm
Top Tube(eff) 58.5cm

Anyone explain it for me ?
Cheers :)

Link to page, geometry is half way down table at bottom
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25457

Comments

• morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    I think the frame size refers ro if it had a horizontal toip tube and is measuring from centre of bottom bracket to top of virtual seat tube. Bit weird.
    This URL has thge same dimensions but has a diagram toi make it clearer

http://www.beone-bikes.com/EN/products/ ... metry.html
  • pud77
    I think I understand what you're saying morrisje you could be right. The problem is that there is no consistency with the methods they must be using to measure. Checking out the Beone Blizzard geometry on the link below shows frame size = seat tube length. So if they have done a virtual horizontal type measurement for the Briza, they haven't done it for the Blizzard ..... Strange :?

http://www.beone-bikes.com/EN/products/blizzardrlc_geometry.html
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    My 56cm Briza has a 53cm c-c seat tube 56cm c-t seat tube.

Which seems to contradict Beone and CRC,even stranger!
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    batch78 wrote:
    My 56cm Briza has a 53cm c-c seat tube 56cm c-t seat tube.

Which seems to contradict Beone and CRC,even stranger!

Is 53cm the length of your seat tube?
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • batch78
    From the centre of the bottom bracket to the centre of the join with the top tube.

It then has a further 3cm to the top of the seat post collar. About 2cm of which protrudes above the top tube.

This measurments are approx. it could be a few millimetres either way as I'm only using a tape measure!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Every model of every bike has a different geometry.
  • batch78
    This is true, but I don't think a 59cm model of the same bike would have a shorter seat tube than the 56cm one?

To be honest I'm starting to disbelieve most of the figures on the Beone site after freezing my arse off in the shed for the last 15mins.

Back on topic, pud77, how tall are you? Inside leg? Arm length etc?
  • pud77
    Hi batch78, thanks for your input and taking the time out to get some measurements.
    I mentioned 59cm in my opening post as this is the biggest Briza 1.0 size on the geometry table. To be honest though, my eye was caught by the 61cm in the sale for only £256. Cheap first road bike to use as a year rounder that I wouldn't be afraid to leave locked up anywhere if needed. Seems a good buy, with the obvious step up being the Storm 1.0 and 2.0 at nigh on double the price. Am I right to think like this or is it a big heavy lump that is a pretty nasty introduction to road biking ?
    I am 6'4 with a 35" inside leg (clothing wise).

Cheers :)
  • batch78
    Hello again pud77

Well I'm from a mountain biking background and thats exactly the reason I bought it, its certainly lighter than my mtb!

I couldn't see any other bikes for a similar price with the same spec, although as you mention £500 does get you carbon forks, better groupset, and a weight reduction of approx. 1kg.

Size wise I'd suggest the 59cm is probably best for you but either would be rideable, I'm 6'1, 34" inside leg and the 56cm is probably considered by some to be a little small for me, but each to their own and I like a bike I can muscle about.

In conclusion, there both good bikes for the money, but having realised how much I enjoy road riding, and having since tried some better bikes, I wish I'd gone for the more expensive option now. :roll:

Hope this helps

p.s Its not got mudguard mounts if thats an issue. Raceblades may fit but I can't be bothered to spend the money and find out! Sorry :lol: