Am I alone (The New Years thread)

Sarnian
Sarnian Posts: 1,451
edited January 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Am I the only person being a sad sod tonight and staying In.
It's not a ornament, so ride It

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    no
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nope. i have -1500 in my bank :shock:
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Nope, but I'm not sad.

And also I'll go out at midnight to see the fireworks in our city center.
    But I'll be home before new year comes to UK. :lol:

Here time +1h. 18:27
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    I've got no money in the bank but the reason for that is the three ankle biters I have that cost me roughly 1K over the last month and they also make it it difficult to go out on new years eve ! You try finding a baby sitter that doesn't want a mint for tonight :(

Also, my missus is working till 9pm....:)
  • Sarnian
    Yep I know how that feels, just when the bargain bike parts start appearing as well :(
  • Sarnian
    Me and the Mrs had a brief chat about this and the cons were, skint from crimbo, no baby sitter and we really can't be bothered. So we got a couple of bottles left over from crimbo so we are going to attack them once are daughter Is In bed.

So If you are on here later and see me and I am not making any sense you know why.
  • oh dont even worry about that, got 2 bottles of tequilla, bombay gin, countless crates of beer, vodka, loads of mixers and my bro just turned up with a huge bottle of champagne :lol:

i can't believe it only 17.38 tho. there is feck all on tv and i'm bloody bored.
  • Sarnian
    So there could be more then one of us on here later not making any sense.
  • i think this should be the thread for it :)
  • nicklouse
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    i think this should be the thread for it :)

sorted
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • -liam-
    Given up drinking I think. Had that much beer over the 1st week of my xmas break that I don't want anymore. :(

I'll try I guess cos the fridge is still full but I'll prob just end up with a pint of fanta :D
  • Sarnian
    bigbenj_08 wrote:

I like your thinking :D
  • Sarnian wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:

I like your thinking :D

thats because i've not started drinking yet :wink:

i'm actually really tired... meh...6pm and i'm gettng a carlsberg. 8) (they've in the garden getting cold :lol:)
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Havent been out for new year for ages. We are going to a local restaurent with the kids, come back put them to bed and have a quiet night with a dvd on and a bottle of wine
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • it begins....
    Photo15.jpg

bye bye 2008 :)
  • Sarnian
    You've beaten me to It, I won't be starting until around 20.00. And I have no beer In the house, but need to start getting rid of some of these bottles of wine that people keep giving us.
  • well i gotta get thru as much as poss before i hit champagne at 12, last time i had it i passed out...destroys me that stuff.

larger for a few hours and then i'l get some spirits in. too much larger turns me into a balloon!

Just chilling to some music, whats everyone else doin?
  • Sarnian
    Just taken stock of what Is on offer to night, In the house we have 1 bottle of white (that's the Mrs sorted) 1 red, 2 rose, 1 champagne and 2 cans of cider. I think that should do the trick.
  • nice :)
    remembered i got some bison grass vodka for xmas....might give that a try later :)

can't do wine myself, makes me feel ill!

Edit: sod that, i just read "bison grass can act as a fuel for male passion". i'll save it till i see the GF 8)
  • Sarnian
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    nice :)
    remembered i got some bison grass vodka for xmas....might give that a try later :)

can't do wine myself, makes me feel ill!

Edit: sod that, i just read "bison grass can act as a fuel for male passion". i'll save it till i see the GF 8)

I can only drink red, but It has to go.
  • Sarnian
    Glass In hand, It's started :lol:
  • good man. god fed up with beer so i'm on moscow mules now. no lime tho :(
  • -liam-
    We've got;

1 can or strongbow
    4 Big bottles of stella (Just cracked open the 1st of which)
    15ish cans of John Smiths Smooth (Bought for visitors over xmas)
    Bottle of Rose and 2 bottles of Blue wkd should keep the missus satisfied when she gets home.

A fridge full of nibbles and savoury crap from Iceland to keep the munchies at bay :D
  • Sarnian
    Found 2 miniature bottles of port as well, might I have one of them to end the night. bloody sound posh now, port and red wine :shock:
  • :lol: wheres the cheese and crackers? :P
  • Sarnian
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    :lol: wheres the cheese and crackers? :P

Got some of that left over to.
  • Got cheese here, but no crackers.............

Kettle getting put on at regular intervals........... :lol:
  • nicklouse
    Oh cheese.

Wensleydale
  • Yep - best kind!!! Not sure about Wensleydale with "golden fruits & amarillo" tho................... Prefer it with ginger - mmmmmmmmm!
  • nicklouse
    fresh from the Coop. with cranberries on Morrisons crackers chased down by stella.