Whyte 19 or Santa Cruz Chameleon?

shocka
shocka Posts: 27
edited December 2008 in MTB buying advice
Come on then, help me out here. I am after a new hardtail and need advice on which of the above bikes will be suitable for me. I ride a Orange P7 S at the minute. Generally i ride cross country on the North Yorks moors with frequent trips to the lakes riding the fells as well as Whinlatter trail centre, throw in a Glentress trip a couple of times a year & thats about it. Both bikes are about the same price for similar builds, I'm swaying towards the Whyte at the minute but will change my mind about 18 times in the next day! :roll: I could even upgrade to the P7 pro as i love the P7 S but have just worn out the componentry on it. Thanks :D

Comments

• Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Have you priced up the cost of taking your P7 up to Pro level? If you know what I mean..... :roll:
  • i'd personally go for the chameleon if i was getting a new bike, i've had one and i've had a whyte 905 (i know not the same model but the geometry is about the same, and you get the fancy dropouts on the 19), just my opinion obviously but the chameleon suited my riding style more, i.e pricking about, but the whyte would be better if your more into your all day xc jaunts, if you like the p7 though upgrading is always a good option
    p.s sorry if this makes no sense i'm a bit worse for wheres, tis the season though
  • shocka
    shocka Posts: 27
    Thought about upgrading my p7s to pro level but you know the rule about how many bikes you need, yes it's the number of bikes you have plus 1 :D I bike to work every day so am gonna stick some road tyres on the p7s and use it to commute. I did price the components up & it was gonna be over a grand so i thought i might as well get a shiny new bike :P. Just confused myself even more as i've seen a fully built Santa Cruz Blur LT (2008) for £2200, over a grand off! Now i'm into the hardtail vs full suss debate :roll: