What gloves?

briggs28
briggs28 Posts: 68
edited October 2009 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone recomend some decent gloves that will keep my hands warm while riding, but wont break the bank?

Comments

• Hi there,

I've used a pair of Altura Night Vision gloves for the last year (well Winter 07/08 and for the last two months of 08). Have served me well and have added use of night commuting aswell (reflective piping).
    Depends on how cold you get - I suffer from cold fingers a lot, so wanted half decent protection for night riding at Glen Tress.
    Break the bank ? Depends on what that is I guess :-) I think they're around £29.
  • I saw a pair of those Sealskinz down at Glen Tress the other day and they did look the business I have to say.
  • what type of riding?
  • I'm not sure if anyone can help me here - but I've just received a pair of Altura Night Vision gloves from Wiggle.

They look and feel great - the only slight problem being that my fingers don't appear to reach the end of 'finger sections' on the gloves - there's a space of about half a centimetre. The inner layer seems to fit perfectly.

Is there meant to be a bit of a space at the tips?
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    dunker wrote:
    SealSkinz Waterproof Winter Technical MTB.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=15092
    £35

Ive got a pair of these and they're great gloves, 100% waterproof and they kept my hands genuinely toasty warm.

Bring on the winter, im ready for ya this year!!!!! :P :P
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    for wet winter riding I wear alpinestars neaopreane gloves, I think they actually are sold as motorcross golves but they are great in really horrible weather on the mountain bike.