Did anyone see the UFOs?

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
edited January 2009 in The bottom bracket
I haven't seen anything on the news, but this reportsays, "A "spectacular" display of dozens of UFOs has been reported in the skies over the West Midlands. "

Anyone near Halesowen see anything?
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Ummm... there was a report about a week ago that said due to the increase in floating paper lanterns its lead to an increase in "ufo" sightings... you do the maths. :wink::lol:
  • Crapaud
    Last week? Paper lanterns?

Bugger! That's a let down.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    People statred setting them off on Nov 5, and they sometimes do it around christmas too. Dont know why myself.
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    You mean the regular visits by intergalactic proctologists in search of patients, esp. from the USA
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • Crapaud
    You mean the regular visits by intergalactic proctologists in search of patients, esp. from the USA
    Are those the ones who tell scientologists and other moonbat ufo cults that they're all barking, with the phrase, "Get it right up ye."?

I've often wondered how peoples 'world view' would change if an alien race did actually turn up: God? What's that?
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    edited January 2009
    Has anybody heard anything else about this ?
    I was driving in W London last night and I saw four slow moving lights in the sky. My first thought twas that they were helicopters. I stopped at a red light , openened my window but heard nothing. Two more lights paseed overhead behind the first four. Other people had clearly seen them , they had their heads out of their car windows just like me !

regards.jpgsnakehips.jpg
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • nickcuk
    nickcuk Posts: 275
    I've heard these 'floating paper lanterns' are an optical illusion caused by planes in ice-laden air. They are high up and you don't hear them, or normally spot them, but the phenomena means their front lights form a halo-like effect and they seem to drift quite quickly. In fact, they ae following the normal flight paths and you haven't seen them before because of cloud cover.

Nanoo nanoo
  • I saw Phill Mogg and Pete Way the other day, does that count?? :D
  • Crapaud
    I saw Phill Mogg and Pete Way the other day, does that count?? :D
    As you've identified them - no! :roll:
  • To b fair, it was in the West Midlands, very odd things happen up there. :D
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Crapaud wrote:
    I saw Phill Mogg and Pete Way the other day, does that count?? :D
    As you've identified them - no! :roll:[/quote

and double :roll: .... :D