2008 Customer Service Awards

rockmount
rockmount Posts: 761
edited December 2008 in Workshop
My nominations are :

Prendas Ciclismo

Great personal service, no trouble too much

Wiggle

Prompt free delivery, no quibble returns..

Also rans :

Planet-X
Chainreaction
Parker International

:roll:
.. who said that, internet forum people ?

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Great idea for a thread!! Must mention Paul Hewitt in there as well.
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    Agree with the internet choices although the speed of service when I ordered a turbo trainer from Chain Reaction was brilliant

I would also like to add Bike Factory in Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire - fabulous friendly service all the time
  • MabBee
    MabBee Posts: 40
    The trouble with wiggle is their non-transparent pricing. You never know exactly how much something is until you get to the checkout#; some things get your platinum discount applied, others don't.

It would be a lot better if they just had a single price for everyone.

The other thing they used to do is "10% special discount this month" which then became "10% special offer next month as well" and eventually "10% discount every month".

No, wiggle have gone to the dogs as far as I'm concerned.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    rockmount wrote:
    My nominations are :

Prendas Ciclismo

Great personal service, no trouble too much

Wiggle

Prompt free delivery, no quibble returns..

Also rans :

Planet-X
    Chainreaction
    Parker International

:roll:

Apart from Parkers have had excellent service from all these too. Plant X earn more than the rest as somehow my frame got mixed up with another customers frame, I had his, he had mine. Luckily we are both in Bristol and the local rep done a bit of running around and swapped the frames around later that day.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,308
    Prendas are always superb.

I've had a fair number of dealings with Will at Hubjub this year and I've been very impressed. One item I was after was out of stock when I ordered so he refunded me, kept me up to date and then despatched the item as soon as he received it.
  • redvee
    andyp wrote:
    Prendas are always superb.

I've had a fair number of dealings with Will at Hubjub this year and I've been very impressed. One item I was after was out of stock when I ordered so he refunded me, kept me up to date and then despatched the item as soon as he received it.

:oops: Forgot about Will and his odd bike bits. Finally managed to get hold of something to finish my bike last week with a personal message on the order from Will.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Experienced the usual excellent service from Wiggle all year round. They're no longer the default choice anymore since notable price increases but when they’re cheaper their service has always been superb.

No quarms with Chain Reaction or Edinburgh Bike’s mail order service.

Bought a good few items from Parkers this year and very pleased. I ordered the wrong size Castelli Gregario bib longs they were very good and swift about an exchange for the correct size.

ActivCycles, Corbridge. Bought my Wilier from there this year and would certainly use again.
  • dave hinde anyone?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Lysander
    Lysander Posts: 349
    I've always found Parkers excellent.
  • Chirg
    Chirg Posts: 141
    Agree with Prendas and Wiggle

Probably because I am technologically incompetent, but it seems such a shame that for customer experience Planet X are doing both themselves and their customers a disservice with their poor website. It is only because of their website I have never had the joy of experiencing their customer service. I really can not understand why they don't keep it simple a la Prendas.
  • Chirg wrote:
    Agree with Prendas and Wiggle

Probably because I am technologically incompetent, but it seems such a shame that for customer experience Planet X are doing both themselves and their customers a disservice with their poor website. It is only because of their website I have never had the joy of experiencing their customer service. I really can not understand why they don't keep it simple a la Prendas.

Planet-X lost it for me. My eagerly awaited self build arrived, carefully assembled, attention to every detail. Then, disappointingly, when I went to empower the beast, and fit the chain .... no joining link !!! :( I have received apologies from PX, but sadly no offer to send me a link, or rectify the problem. Come on guys, it's sometimes the little things that make the difference.
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • alp777
    alp777 Posts: 211
    Have to agree, Wiggle have been excellent for next day delivery (if ordered early enough the day before.) + Where else can you buy a fairly decent pair of Lycra shorts for under £20?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    without a doubt the customer service of the year for me goes to..

Specialized UK!

The full (13page!) thread is here:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=150

but the basics are that they replaced a £900 frame with a £1400 one within 3 days even though it was me who wrecked the first one by fitting a 13-26 cassette (there wasn't clearance!)

they also sent me an S-Works 2D helmet and S-Works carbon chainset "for my trouble".

amazing customer service - truly I have never seen anything like it

- I have since rewarded them buy buying a langster, and hotrock 12, hotrock 16 and 'hotwalk' kids bikes
  • redvee
    Aren't the last three a little small for you?
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    SJS Cycles. They carry good stocks of everything and are probably unique in stocking older and difficult to find parts. Their prices are extremely keen considering their stocking policy and they deserve support.
  • Prendas, excellent service and some great retro jerseys.

Probikekit, the best by far. Every order dealt with in a quick and freindly manner with communications right down the line.

Dave Miller Cycles in Chester. A good ol' fashioned bike shop with friendly helpful staff.
    The personal touch makes all the difference!
    Here's a box,a musical box. Wound up and ready to play.
    (brian Cant,Camberwick Green).
  • Paul Hewitt - best fitting and personal service

Wiggle - best internet provider by far (not always cheapest but consistently competitive and flawless delivery)
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    yeah - its a struggle - the hotwalk is useful for remembering how to balance on the 'big boys' bikes though
    :-)
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Dotbike are very good, UK bikestore as well.

All terrain cycles deserve a mention too, although I am still awaiting a refund from them.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • aztecboy
    aztecboy Posts: 384
    My vote goes for:

1) Bob Jacksons (they just restored my crashed Pearson and it looks absolutely brand new). Great service and extremely helpful on all aspects of the restoration

2) Halfords (this may be a surprise but see http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12599365

3) Chain Reaction (very fast service)

3) Wiggle (but agree on the vagueries of the Platinum status)
    aztecboy
  • 1 ribble- the cheapest and most improved

2 high on bikes- very very helpful

3 total cycling

wiggles gone too expensive apart from dhb stuff- parkers have great prices but no stock indication online- chain reaction are pretty iffy
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Droops
    Droops Posts: 204
    My vote HAS to go to Chain Reaction. They recently sent a chain (dead cheap in their Flood Sale) which arrived with only half of the Power Link. OK, these things happen, particularly when items are repackaged due to the flood.
    When I contacted them they not only sent me a new Power Link same day, but I even got a follow-up phone call a couple of days later to check all was now well!
    Not bad when you consider the relatively low value of the 50% discounted chain!