POLAR CS200 CADENCE SENSOR STOPPED WORKING

supersaints
supersaints Posts: 23
edited January 2009 in Workshop
Could someone help me with any ideas why my cadence sensor has just stopped working.do i need to change a battery i have tried cleaning moving the sensor.
i am getting annoyed as i am doing winter cadence training :lol:

Comments

• GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I know they are different but my CS600 (W.I.N.D.) Speed Sensor just stopped one day after working for the first minute. It was only 6 weeks old. I sent it back to Polar in Warwickshire and they disgnosed an Open/Short circuit (but didn't determine which it was - open or short!!). I sent it off on the Mon and they had me a new one back on Thu.

I've also had my Cadence sensor stop but that just required the magnet on the crank arm re-taping and a VERY slight adjustment of the sensor. Back in and working straight after that.
  • nicknick
    nicknick Posts: 535
    Pretty sure you can't replace the battery in the sensor, its been a while since i used my polar. Have you replaced the battery in the computer itself? Mine intermittently stopped picking up the HR then stopped picking up the speed sensor altogether. The computer still worked but replaced the battery and it was fine every time. Hope that helps.
  • i can't even mount mine anywhere to get a successful cadence reading. I've got the CS 200 aswell. I've tried it on the downtube but it won't work at all. Any ideas?
    Don't rake up my mistakes, i know exactly what they are.
  • nicknick wrote:
    Pretty sure you can't replace the battery in the sensor, its been a while since i used my polar. Have you replaced the battery in the computer itself? Mine intermittently stopped picking up the HR then stopped picking up the speed sensor altogether. The computer still worked but replaced the battery and it was fine every time. Hope that helps.
    cheers for your help i will try changing battery on computer but it still picks up speed and heart rate
  • GavH wrote:
    I know they are different but my CS600 (W.I.N.D.) Speed Sensor just stopped one day after working for the first minute. It was only 6 weeks old. I sent it back to Polar in Warwickshire and they disgnosed an Open/Short circuit (but didn't determine which it was - open or short!!). I sent it off on the Mon and they had me a new one back on Thu.

I've also had my Cadence sensor stop but that just required the magnet on the crank arm re-taping and a VERY slight adjustment of the sensor. Back in and working straight after that.
    that sounds a good idea as i have been caught out in some bad weather lately.
  • nicknick wrote:
    cheers for your help i will try changing battery on computer but it still picks up speed and heart rate
    when you first got computer did you set CADENCE on the computer settings to turn it on
    as when you buy computer it is usually set as off
  • The CS200 is renowned for being unreliable and susceptible to interferance. I persevered with mine and moved it all over the place, it is finally back on the stem (curious because that didn't work originally, but it's a different make of stem now...) The HRM and speed sensor often picks up interferance in traffic,but for me the cadence has been rock solid. I have not changed the batteries from new, and the unit has about 3500 miles on it now. Keep trying...

Also make sure the sensors are close enough to the magnets. Mount the front sensor on the front side of your fork too, so that should the magnet become dislodged or the sensor loose, it will get knocked out of the way and not jam in your spokes and rip your wheel to pieces...
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    nicknick wrote:

You CAN replace the battery if you prise the unit open. You will have to do two things therafter though:

1: Glue it back together (not overly difficult)
    2: Kiss goodbye to any warranty.
  • Had my Polar CS200CAD for several months now. Only time I've had problem with sensor reading was after going over rough ground. The vibration caused the sensor to move ever so slightly. Readjusted the sensor magnet gap and all ok again. :D If that doesnt work send the sensor to Polar Service centre. The battery in the sensor should last 3500 hours before needing replaced or about 2 years which also is the length of the warranty.
    2 Wheels or not 2 wheels..That is not in question.
  • Hi guys. I am new here, but this thread grabbed my interest through a google search.

I would really like to replace the batteries and lengthen the sensor transmit distance on my Polar CS200 speed and cadence sensors. I have the sensors without screws, likely the ones mentioned above that can be pryed and re-glued. Does anyone have experience with this? Or, are you aware of any resources that could help me through the process?

Great site, and thanks in advance,

Aaron.
  • Hi guys. I am new here, but this thread grabbed my interest through a google search.

I would really like to replace the batteries and lengthen the sensor transmit distance on my Polar CS200 speed and cadence sensors. I have the sensors without screws, likely the ones mentioned above that can be pryed and re-glued. Does anyone have experience with this? Or, are you aware of any resources that could help me through the process?

Great site, and thanks in advance,

Aaron.
    i sent cadence sensor back to polar and they have sent me back a new one
    which may stop you having to try repairing your old one
    i had mine for around a year