Christmas Starts Now.....

stumpyjon
stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
edited December 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Just killing the last mins of this working year on here at the moment. Chrimbo starts for me in 11 minutes :D:D:D:D:D 8) .
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result

Comments

• no it starts on saturday evening when i have a pint of Lancaster Bomber in my hands.....git :(
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Sweet, I'm here till Friday!

2 weeks off this year though, almost makes up for only having 6 days off the rest of the year.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    lucky sods. I dont finish until Christmas eve. Got Friday off though. Weather permitting, i'm out riding somewhere
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Christmas for me starts friday when im down middlesbrough town in the clubs :)
    ends the 5th of january when im banging my head off the wall :cry:
  • stumpyjon
    Well to be honest I may have finished work yesterday but my holiday doesn't really start until Christmas day. Got 3 days finishing the decorating / shopping etc. etc. then 4 daysdoing a mad dash around the inlaws and outlaws. Then back home for a proper rest and hopefully some riding between Chrimbo and New Year.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    at least whilst you are at the inlaws you can get off for some welsh riding surely?
  • stumpyjon
    Tried that, but we're only there for a day and a half before heading across to my folks, so my suggestion of chucking a bike in wasn't recieved too well :roll:

• Anonymous
    bummer.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    xmas started for me yesterday at 11am when i was sent home with flu :( quater of the school wsa off.

Jimbob just got his new saint cranks today so he does feel a bit better
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Anonymous
    theres now like recieveing new stuff eh?

my new xtr shifters and hope headset tipped up today, very cool stuff and from now on i will only ever fit a headset with a split race, such a good idea, no more hammering my forks with a hammer and screwdriver for this call sign....
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Christmas starts for me on the 24th as I'm working till then. Off then, till the 5th of Jan, so there should be the opportunity for the odd bike ride or two on the new bike - assumig it arrives in time for Christmas... :D
  • Anonymous
    whats the new bike gonna be?

its not some kind of hippy fixxie is it?
  • Whilst we debate about when the whole charade starts, i think we should spare a thought for the good people of the emergency services etc, who'll be working right through christmas. Quite a few of my mates have the dubious pleasure of being off until christmas eve and then starting work on christmas morning! :D
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, unless you already know the answer!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Working till Christmas eve, but then off till the 5th!

Yesterday was the first Christmas day with the Wifes family, great day with the boys being good & enjoying the whole day.

I think they realise that 08 has been the year of getting back into cycling as I got a heart rate monitor & overshoes - result!
  • Well it starts today for me - I should be at work but am ill, brilliant, just in time for Christmas too. I reckon I should be able to shake it by Christmas day but then again its only 3 days away now. I feel yuk. :(
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    My dad gets home 3am on Christmas Day!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Anonymous
    i reckon today is the first day it has felt christmassy to be honest, has been a strange festive season.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Boozy lunch with the Directors at work wil start the Christmas feeling!

Shame I am driving :(
  • stumpyjon
    Hee back home now so Christmas can start proper (all the inlaws have been visited). Was getting slightly worried though as the United Utilitilies blew up our gas and electricity supply on Monday (you may have seen the news reports, apparently they were 'working' on the pipe when it went bang). Got home 15 minutes after the gas came back on, had been off for two days. Don't think the neighbours were too impressed with our timing :lol:

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    It still doesn't feel like Christmas, it most certainly won't for the Zavvi staff! :?
  • stumpyjon
    Went into a Woolies yesterday, felt trashed, they were even selling off the shelves :shock:

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    missmarple wrote:
    It still doesn't feel like Christmas, it most certainly won't for the Zavvi staff! :?

Has Zavvi gone then? I haven't watched the news recently lol
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    It was quite ironic, as I walked into their store in Tottenham Court road - on their 42" tellys showed "BREAKING NEWS - MUSIC RETAILER ZAVVI IN ADMINISTRATION" on the BBC News channel - I don't expect the staff behind the counter were expecting that! :roll:
  • Anonymous
    is zavvi virgin?
  • stumpyjon
    It was, management buyout I think.

Odds on for WH Smiths, HMV, Boots, Waterstones, Superdrug to be next up (or down).

• I think that buying almost all the pressies online has taken some of the Xmasness out of the experience. I felt Xmassy for the first time this year when wrapping them 2 nights ago.

My Xmas starts tomorrow at 8pm.

Not only do I have to work a 12 hour shift on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day, today my work has done something to the computer's Internet thingy which means that I can no longer look at any bike related websites.

No more Bikeradar or bits of bike buying between jobs for me in 2009.

Night shifts are really going to drag now :(
    Bones!! wrote:
    spare a thought for the good people of the emergency services
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe