Most Eventful Day

Pete-C
Pete-C Posts: 353
edited December 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Whats the most eventful ride or day youve had out on a bike. Today me and 2 mates got a lift off my parents to glentress. We left at 8.30 am and at 10 we arrived, took the bikes off the rack and set off for a wee bit of fun on the freeride track before hitting the red run. I point out the sign warning that the north shore might be slidy in the frost. 30 seconds later, Scott is lying on the ground with his face covered in blood. Thankfuly there was an event on so we carry him over to the tents and ask for help. We are advised to take him to hospital so we throw everything in the car and head back to glasgow. We call his mum and she meets up with him at hospital. 3 X-rays later he has a badly broken finger and 15 stiches in his face. All this hapened before midday. Me and Sean decide to head down to the local trails since we have all our gear on. Visibility is about 5 meters and its about -5 degrees with the wind. Wouldnt be surprised if we got frostbite. Just got home 30 minutes ago and had the best shower of my life. Any one else beat this?
"Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
Pitch Comp

Comments

• heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Pete-C wrote:
    Whats the most eventful ride or day youve had out on a bike. Today me and 2 mates got a lift off my parents to glentress. We left at 8.30 am and at 10 we arrived, took the bikes off the rack and set off for a wee bit of fun on the freeride track before hitting the red run. I point out the sign warning that the north shore might be slidy in the frost. 30 seconds later, Scott is lying on the ground with his face covered in blood. Thankfuly there was an event on so we carry him over to the tents and ask for help. We are advised to take him to hospital so we throw everything in the car and head back to glasgow. We call his mum and she meets up with him at hospital. 3 X-rays later he has a badly broken finger and 15 stiches in his face. All this hapened before midday. Me and Sean decide to head down to the local trails since we have all our gear on. Visibility is about 5 meters and its about -5 degrees with the wind. Wouldnt be surprised if we got frostbite. Just got home 30 minutes ago and had the best shower of my life. Any one else beat this?

we done our usual thing on a sunday. go to work at half 9, pick up bikes, go to GT. we blast up the red run (or attempt to at walking pace :)), do one loop of the jumps at spooky wood. then 2nd go for me i fall (comically might i add) and break my collarbone into 3 bits. phone an ambulance, comes in half an hour picks me up from the fire road at the bottom of spooy wood and im in the royal for 12 :P
  • Pete-C
    Did the temperature ever go higher than 0 yesterday? Almost my full bike was covered in ice when we arrived at the car park
    Pitch Comp
  • i think heez29 had a worse day than us pete. btw u forgot to mention that u complained the whole time when we were down at the local trails about the cold! still it turned out to be a good day in the end!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    you boys are better than me, i cannot bear riding if i know its wet and grim outside.
  • you also forgot to mention that my bike is now gubbed :(
  • Pete-C
    I put this up before we even noticed that the bike is dead - I was more woried about you than the bike scott
    Pitch Comp