MTB centers with campsites bunkhouse+Pub/Tran access???

djnorman1972
djnorman1972 Posts: 70
edited November 2008 in MTB general
having no transport at moment :x and needing to get on bike again :D after health probs,does any one know of trail centers anywere that have public transport nearbuy and have acsses to campsite or bunkhouse. even if theres just one that you know of please contact as im in need of draging myself away from the exitment of sherwood pines :roll: PLEASE HELP. jamesnorman1972@yahoo.co.uk

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Marin trail is not far from llanrwst which has a train station. Also allows access to the trail at Penmachno. There is a pub called 'The Eagles' at Penmachno that has a bunk room, also should be pretty easy to find accommodation in Betws-y-coed...
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • I was looking for a similar trip. Ended up going to Afan and staying at a MTB friendly B&B called Rose Cottage Inn http://www.brynteghouse.com/rosecottage.html. Its very accessible and the trails are directly behind the b&b. Best of all it was only 25 quid a night!
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    Does Peebles have a train station?

Plenty of accomodation round there anyway - and Glentress trail centre v close to town.
  • nope no train station in Peebles, closest is Edinburgh, i think, the Scottish Broders is very poorly provided for transport wise.
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Betws-y-Coed has a station(one stop along from Llanwrst)gets you even closer to Penmachno 8)
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Oops! Forgot about that! Seeing as we park there sometimes :oops: DOH!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    nope no train station in Peebles, closest is Edinburgh, i think, the Scottish Broders is very poorly provided for transport wise.

Yup, and the local buses have banned bikes.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Coed-y-brenin have buses with bike racks on the back. Not sure how far they go though, my guess would be Dolgellu, guess a train to there wouldn't be to hard...