Websters Cycles

forgotrafe
forgotrafe Posts: 637
edited November 2008 in MTB general
Just received this from Websters Cycles (info@mailordercycles.com)...

"Mailin List 1

Just a quick message to make you aware that Websters Cycles feature on the next episode of All Over the Shop, this tuesday Dec' 2nd BBC2 7.30pm
I havn't seen the final production so have no idea how they will portray me, but having seen a few episodes i get the general idea that they try & make the proprietor look a pillock & their presenter look clever.We went with the show after a researcher cold called on us and thought it would be good for the free publicity.Unlike a lot of shops featured so far we are not in any difficulty & are in fact planning a move & expantion in early 09. As a shop owner i just thought i may learn something but the reality was they didn't teach me anything i didn't already know. Just thought i would let you know so you can put a face to who who you may deal with.
Regards
Martin."

Personally I reckon Martin's done a good job of making himself look a p*** without the shows help... What with the lack of capital letters in the right places, choice language in an email to customers, several spelling mistakes and no white space. Is basic English really that hard? Am I the only person that thinks good presentation counts?

Can't recall dealing with mailordercycles.com but if I did it obviously wasn't a memorable experience either way.

Maybe I'm just being harsh...

Comments

• What strange behaviour.

I'm not sure why they thought sending an email out would be a great idea, especially when they haven't even seen the finished programme.

It could make them look fine for all they know! But the email automatically makes it sound like they are a bit incompetent and the poor puntuation and spelling reinforces that.

Well... I'll be certainly watching.
  • cheehee
    cheehee Posts: 427
    I have had first hand dealings with Websters in Leicester. I'm surprised they are still going tbh.

The owner (Martin?) a mardy arsed, little bespectacled man, with the charm and charisma of my week old kecks :D . My missus bought a Hardrock from Websters a while back in their sale. It was at a good price, but I was so close to walking out of the store, due to their attitude and lack of interest.

The missus wanted the bike so begrudingly I handed over our hard earned. Never dealt with them since. I've heard similar reports from other folk too.

I have set my Sky+ to record, and shall watch with interest.

Cheehee
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Getting a different proggy coming up on the EPG on my PVR.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    I dont know the shop or owner but I agree that if the people that work in a shop generally come across as unhelpful tossers I wont use the place.

Had a similar experience and don't want to use the place again. Elitism also gets thoroughly on my tits! :evil:
  • So maybe I wasn't being harsh ;)
    cheehee wrote:
    I have set my Sky+ to record, and shall watch with interest.Cheehee

So have I. Watched the first couple of episodes and it's not a very well done programme it has to be said.