Using Tracklogs maps to plan routes for Garmin 705

careful
careful Posts: 720
edited November 2008 in Workshop
I already have Tracklogs software for planning routes and printing them as hard copy maps. I am thinking of buying the Garmin 705 with the Europe road map sd. How easy is it to download my routes onto this? I am not brilliant with computer stuff.

Comments

• I use TrackLogs with my 305 and it couldn't be easier. Simply connect the turned on device via the USB lead and use GPS Transfer to send the route across. I save them as a course so I can then use Garmin's Virtual Partner for pace setting. Virtual Partner uses whichever Naismith Algorithm you specify during the transfer.
  • The latest version of Tracklogs (might still be a beta) works fine with the Edge 705. You can save both GPX and Garmins own TCX format files from it.
  • careful
    Thanks. Sounds easy enough even for me! I have downloaded the beta version of Tracklogs V3.13 and I will order the 705 tonight. I like the idea of routes using the training partner. :lol:
  • When using Training Partner you must use Courses, not Routes. Routes are purely for navigation and are typically GPX files whereas courses are TCX files. Either can be created with Tracklogs though.
  • careful
    When using Training Partner you must use Courses, not Routes. Routes are purely for navigation and are typically GPX files whereas courses are TCX files. Either can be created with Tracklogs thoug
    Noted - thanks again.