full face helmet or not

boybetterknow
boybetterknow Posts: 44
edited November 2008 in MTB general
hi peeps,looking at getting a helmet,but unsure what to get?il mainly be doing freeride/trails,would you go for a full face or not?i mean some trails wouldnt realy need full face but some would.
So what do you peeps wear for the trails etc,full face or not ?just dont want look stupid on a trail with full face if you know what i mean.

Comments

• Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    I would say if you are going big with the free ride or you are pushing yourself then get a FF but thay aer hot if you are trying to ride a trail center trail.
    If you can get both. and pick for the riding you are doing
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • if ur tryin bigger stuff then i would say get a ff helmet
  • If you value your features, get one - Who cares what other people think :shock: Anyway, nobody will know who you are if your face is covered :D
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Do you push hard through corners or taking big jumps,drops?
    - Then fullface.

Do you ride gently with caution, braking early, and going around the jumps,drops?
    - Then no fullface.
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    depends on how hardcore you are, what type of riding you do and what type of riding you want to do.
    There's no point getting a normal helmet if you are looking to pull massive jumps in the near future.
    No-one will laugh at you in a FF, didn't you know, it's cool to have all the protection these days...
    Not really active
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    depends on how hardcore you are, what type of riding you do and what type of riding you want to do.
    There's no point getting a normal helmet if you are looking to pull massive jumps in the near future.
    No-one will laugh at you in a FF, didn't you know, it's cool to have all the protection these days...
    Not really active
  • If you value your features, get one - Who cares what other people think :shock: Anyway, nobody will know who you are if your face is covered :D
    good point there,full face it is then.Well lets say im not going be a pussy when am out on the trails etc,i will be hitting the jumps/drop offs etc,im not one for taking the easy route lol,thanks for all your replys big help peeps :D
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    Or go for something half way in between like the MET Parachute.

I've got one of them and really like it. There seems to be more and more people wearing that style of helmet too.
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • I tell you what Steve - I nearly had kittens then. I own a MET helmet at the moment and bought it due to its large size. I'm thinking of buying goggles and the Parachute helmet would be perfect, but its not in my size, aaaarggghhh, why am I so bloody big!!!

It looks great BTW.

and this could be ideal for the guy who posted this? There are a few different colours on CrC.