Rockshox Reba

SIRPSYCHOSEXY
SIRPSYCHOSEXY Posts: 56
edited December 2008 in MTB buying advice
I have a Giant Trance 3 which i am very happy with apart from the weight. At present it has Tora 302's on front, but am aware that these are heavy. Is the Reba a perfect replacement to shave weight, or should i be looking at something else(100mm travel)?

Thanks.

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Reba is a great 100mm fork. Yu won't be disappoined and you will dave a lot of weight. The SID is more expemsive, lighter but not as stiff.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • the rebas are a fantastic fork expecialy the dual air i have them am not dissapointed
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    I think you can adjust the travel (internally) on a lot of Rebas - so they'd be an excellent choice for the Trance - which many riders seem to use longer forks on.

Alternatively a Revelation U Turn would allow you to adjust from 100 to 130mm (or 140mm on '09 models).

Just an idea.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    the rebas are a fantastic fork expecialy the dual air i have them am not dissapointed

All Rebas are Dual Air :wink:

New Rebas go up to 120mm travel too. I don't know what the Trance is warrantied for.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • I have put the revelation u-turns on my Trance 3 and would definitely recommend them!! I have reba's on my hardtail and think they are great aswell... but go Revelations as the 130mm travel works a treat!!
  • Rebas are very nice, especially if you find a good deal.
  • Carlos13
    Carlos13 Posts: 152
    Does anyone know the weight difference between the Tora 302 (eg the model fitted to my 08 Rockhopper) and the Reba? For example the 08 Reba SL?

Is it worth going for one of the more expensive Reba models?
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    On One Scandal single speed
    08 Specialized Tricross Singlecross
    Felt CA1
    70s Claud Butler Campag Gransport - Fixed conversion
    Various other junk
  • Tora 302 = 2.4kg

Reba SL = 1.6kg

If you have the money to buy Reba Team - go for it!
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    An aside, but having just bought a second hand XTC 2.5 (79 miles on the clock and a fair few upgrades for 500 quid) with Reba SLs I'm confused by the "poploc" thing. I'd assumed that the bar lever fully locked out the suspension. It doesn't - and I've yet to find an "answer" in the Sram Tech pages.
    Should it adjust so as to make the forks rigid? Or is it a case of altering the size of hit that activates the bounce (something to do with the "floodgate"?)?
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The fork when locked still has 20mm of travel or so to aid traction (does say in the instructions!). Floodgate adjust sets the force required to blow off the lock.

If the poploc is not set up right it may not be fulling turning the leg top dial enough.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    supersonic wrote:
    The fork when locked still has 20mm of travel or so to aid traction (does say in the instructions!). Floodgate adjust sets the force required to blow off the lock.

If the poploc is not set up right it may not be fulling turning the leg top dial enough.

Thanks - I've now found the bit about "traction" - I'd assumed lock-out was just that! I'll try and understand the floodgate stuff and check the adjustment. All very complicated...Seem to recall I just ditched the remote lock-out on the last similarly equipped RockShox I had (SIDs I think).
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."