Saracen Dirtrax 3. Improve or sell?

Tallchap1
Tallchap1 Posts: 35
edited November 2008 in MTB beginners
I am new to MTBing (and this forum).I have a Saracen Dirtrax 3 2006 which I got a year and a half ago for £320. I have added Quad hydro disc brakes and spds.
Question is should I upgrade some components (and if so which ones) or sell and upgrade the whole bike.

It has Shimano Deore gearing and derrailleurs and Rockshox J3 fork with lockout. Truvativ cranks and unnamed bars, stems etc.

Any help would be appreciated as I find myself staring blankly at new kit all the time. :?
Tall n skinny

Comments

• If everything is running ok, why upgrade?
    keep it going, well serviced and maintaned, while you save up for a newer bike with all the newer/better components already on it?
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    replace things that brake and save for a full bike. ( cheaper than trying to build up a lower spec bike to a better spec bike)

If you are looking for a quick retail fix get some new tyres ( and get the right pressure for you). Good tyres can make an bike alot better to ride. and they dont cost the earth. £30-50 for a new set and you will have new bike to ride.

Then as you are saveing up you can look at all the new reviews and pickout the new bike just for you and when you do get it it will be the best feeling ever.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • I`d just buy new,iif you have the means.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Thought it might be the best bet to save up and buy a complete bike.

Thanks for your advice.

:wink:
    Tall n skinny