Eyewear for prescription users

2»

Comments

• JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    how much cheaper can you get contacts through websites like tesco compared to specsavers?
  • rb1956
    rb1956 Posts: 134
    I suffer from typical middle-aged presbyopia, requiring no correction for distance vision, but needing correction to read maps, instruments on my handlebars etc. There are contact-lens solutions offered for presbyopia but my ophthalmologist doesn't recommend them, especially for driving/riding, so I stick to glasses.

So far, I've found the inserts available for some cycling eyewear rather uncomfortable, because my eyelashes squash against the back, either all the time, or at least every time I blink. I've been thinking of switching to goggles. Has anyone tried that approach?
  • JC.152 wrote:
    how much cheaper can you get contacts through websites like tesco compared to specsavers?

Was about a fiver a month cheaper when I first got `em, not compared since then, Tesco online still a good price when I`ve looked at others online, they deliver them fast and reliably as well, so I save a journey going to town to ask someone in a shop to do something I can do myself. I order 6 months supply at a time.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • I have 2 pairs of Optilab glasses 8) 8) which are several years old.One pair are for sunny
    days and a yellow lensed pair for normal / overcast days.Both frames are the Airquest and
    they are brilliant giving great all round vision.The only thing I found was that they needed
    a toggled cord attached to the arms to hold them in place,but using this they work perfectly
    and don't need to be adjusted at all while riding even over the roughest terrain.
    I am very very :D with them.
  • paul_or
    paul_or Posts: 156
    Further to my previous posts I have now got the RX inserts back for my Kontrol Moondog glasses. I used Specsdirect (http://www.specsdirectuk.com/Product.asp?txtMode=2) for this service and it cost £15 including p&p, as opposed to £80 I was quoted by the high street opticians. A really good, cheap (£40 all in) solution which I recommend to anyone. Plus the lenses are interchangeable and the rx inserts can be swapped to other glasses.
    visit my blog for more excitement

http://www.flammerouge.co.uk