fuji track bike

matt.rochfort
matt.rochfort Posts: 147
edited November 2008 in Workshop
Finally bitten the bullet and bought a fuji track bike, fitted some cane creek levers and tiagra brakes and I am using it to commute 10 miles each way. FANTASTIC!! at a shade over #400 all in it is a great ride. Smooth as silk but seriously quick to get up to 20-25 mph - it flies! Legs being ripped to shreds but if it don't kill me it's going to make me faster. Averaged 17.8 mph through London traffic. It just feels much better riding fixed 'cos it means you have to pay attention to whats going on around you. It is also completely silent - no annoying whirring of deralliers etc which is an unexpected pleasure. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Comments

• steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    nice one!!!
    out of interest, which fuji bike is it?
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Averaged 17.8 mph through London traffic

Red light jump much? :shock:
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Finally bitten the bullet and bought a fuji track bike, fitted some cane creek levers and tiagra brakes and I am using it to commute 10 miles each way. FANTASTIC!! at a shade over #400 all in it is a great ride. Smooth as silk but seriously quick to get up to 20-25 mph - it flies! Legs being ripped to shreds but if it don't kill me it's going to make me faster. Averaged 17.8 mph through London traffic. It just feels much better riding fixed 'cos it means you have to pay attention to whats going on around you. It is also completely silent - no annoying whirring of deralliers etc which is an unexpected pleasure. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Welcome to the whole dark world of fixed. just wait until Spring when you get back on a geared bike and notice the difference in your pedalling/strength
    M.Rushton
  • No - funnily enough! My commute goes north from west hampstead to high barnet so the traffics not too bad and there are plenty of stretches of open, traffic light free road to crank it up to 25/28 mph with a tail wind!

the bike is the basic grey fuji track retails at £349 but seen it cheaper online. buy one its great!

looking forward to a new Kinesis KIC2 or Gran Fondo in the spring to see if the hard work pays off as much as people say it will. The fuji already seems faster than my 5 year old Orbea Force, just loosing out on top end speed by a few mph on the flat.
  • pintoo
    pintoo Posts: 145
    I love the look of the Fuji Track, but my commute is more like 30miles and I don't know if I can do that on 1 gear. Got a couple of steep hills along the way.
  • pintoo wrote:
    I love the look of the Fuji Track, but my commute is more like 30miles and I don't know if I can do that on 1 gear. Got a couple of steep hills along the way.

:) of course you can pintoo, I've done the Snowdrop Express Feb audax on my fixed, comes in a approx 70 miles, and 84 miles with a wrong turn - I'll be taking the Garmin next time. You will find the 30 miles commute enjoyable fixed.
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • pintoo
    pintoo Posts: 145
    broachboy
    Er... OK, but I should have also mentioned that I'm old and unfit. Can't put it all down to the SS.
  • oooh nice! i bought myself a bianchi pista about 2 months ago for commuting and i LOVE riding fixed. I rode to brighton from london in the miserable weather at the weekend fixed, and it was awesome (and no i didnt get up ditchling hehe)

I know what you mean about the commute, i find it way more fun riding fixed and it becomes second nature after a while.

I took my roadbike out for the first time the other night since the purchase and i have to say it was so weird freewheeling but after adjusting i noticed my cadence was really smooth and i was zipping about much faster than usual!

also my legs feel a lot more taught and toned which is good :-)