what do you think?

Comments

• proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Don't do it, they're rubbish.

Next!
  • what's wrong with them?
  • Why those two marques?

There are other italian makers out there.
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Yes I know
    I have a Moser , a Tommasini , and a Basso

But everybody is talking about Colnago and Derosa
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2008
    So what? Both marques make quality frames. Try before you buy of course, but sure you will be pleased with either, depending on the model of course.
  • So you think I should keep what I have
    And don't get envious of those you have Colnago's and Derosa's
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Buy whatever you want ? Why do you feel the need to canvas the opinion of strangers ?
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    To be honest, your question is a bit daft. Only you can decide whether to buy one or not.

What do you want it for?
    What models are you looking at?
    Why those two?
    What is your budget?

You need to be a bit more specific with you questioning. Sorry
  • I think if you do so, you'll end up having more bikes than you can ride. But I understand your urgent need to buy yet another bike, instead of leaving money in some icelandic account.

The best solution would be for you to give away your Tommasini which you're unlikely to ride once you have your new DeRosa... give it to me as charity, I promise I'll ride at least 4000 miles every year with it and enjoy every single mile...

So you'll be happy as well, riding your new bike and not feeling guilty for letting your Tommasini rusting in the garage...

Dilemma sorted...
    left the forum March 2023
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    Both brands make great bikes. However you are paying extra for the brand name, nothing wrong with that. The De Rosa Avant is well over £2000 with Veloce groupset. There are plenty of others, Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, Planet X, Pro-cycling that offer great bikes with high levels of equipment for a more competive price. Especially the last two.
  • I think he's a little Aussie japester :o

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,261
    Why not one of each?
  • Someone told me that American bikes like Trek, Specialized, Cannondale are made in China.
    I think europeans are better qualified to build bikes so I think I will buy a European bike
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    gundersen wrote:
    what do you think?

I say sure, do it. But on second thought maybe not. However, well, that's a tough one.
    What would Oprah do?

Dennis Noward
  • wilwil
    wilwil Posts: 374
    gundersen wrote:
    Someone told me that American bikes like Trek, Specialized, Cannondale are made in China.
    I think europeans are better qualified to build bikes so I think I will buy a European bike
    So are some De Rosas and Colnagos and Wiliers and Viners and Pinerallos.

You sound like a bored rich person wondering how to spend his money.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    I suggest that you lock up all your expensive bikes and buy yourself a fairly inexpensive but reasonable quality bike and spend a year riding that as often as you can so you can rediscover your love of cycling.

In a year's time, if you find that you'd really enjoyed yourself, then (and only then) unlock the best bikes and treat yourself to riding them from time to time. You already have what it takes and don't need to spend any more money.

If you hated that year, and still can't wait to buy another expensive bike - don't! You aren't really a cyclist and are just into 'bling'. Buy expensive jewellery instead - it doesn't need cleaning, doesn't depreciate like bikes and takes up a lot less room.

Or just ignore us, and buy a Colnago and a De Rosa - that way you will be able to try and impress even more people :wink:!
  • maybe i'll just buy a Bianchi
  • Well, that would annoy a lot of them on here.
  • or order a Colnago painted in Bianchi celeste
  • We all know Colnagos are good, and we also know that De Rosa are good too, but which is best?

There's only one way to find out...

FIIIIIIIIIGHT!

• I have a extreme c for racing and its awsome, fantastic handling stiff, quick accelleration light and looks the mutts. Beats my previous look 595 hands down!! But at the end of the day, it doesnt matter what bike you have..........Its all in the legs baby!!!!
    Up hup hup hup.....fricking hate that!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    We all know Colnagos are good, and we also know that De Rosa are good too, but which is best?

There's only one way to find out... :D:D:D

FIIIIIIIIIGHT!
    :D:D:D
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    get a Delnago - or maybe a Colrosa. That would be my choice...

Bianchassini and Fausto Fondriest also make pretty good frames...
  • fraz167
    fraz167 Posts: 142
    what a pointless thread
  • Here here!! Possibly the worst thread........EVER.......FACT 8) Lets try and heat it up a bit! So what do you want the bike for, race, sportive or cycle round and try and look good?? How much do you weigh, how long you been cycling, how much cash do you have, shimano or campag??????
  • mathi
    mathi Posts: 110
    I sense a new forum name coming soon Rob :lol:
  • Ha yeah its seems that way dan!! you got any reccomendations???? :wink:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Seems pointless to carry on with this one...
  • THE END