De Rosa/Colnago Quandary

Lysander
Lysander Posts: 349
edited November 2008 in Workshop
I'm about to order a new frame and have decided that its between the De Rosa Neo Pro or the Colnago EPS. I'd welcome any input on which frame you would choose.

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    De Rosa make nice frames, but I've heard their warranty support is awful, and I've also heard that you tend to need the warranty support with the De Rosas...
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Given you have allocated that kind of budget, I would buy a Colnago Master-X light instead and with the extra money I would fit all Super record...
    That would be what I call a beautiful bike.
    In truth I would actually try to get hold of a legendary Tommasini frame... but that's me, old romantic lover of elegant steel frames
    left the forum March 2023
  • De Rosa make nice frames, but I've heard their warranty support is awful, and I've also heard that you tend to need the warranty support with the De Rosas...

an, ahem, associate of mine (not me people!) damaged his De Rosa Proteus through being 15 kilos heavier than the warranty limit. They replaced his no questions, although it was a 6 week process.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Well having tried a De Rosa Idol earlier this year and finding it too dampened and too comfortable imo, not sluggish but not much 'get up and go', I would hold out for an EPS. You could try one by contacting Windwave too.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,278
    Lysander wrote:
    I'm about to order a new frame and have decided that its between the De Rosa Neo Pro or the Colnago EPS. I'd welcome any input on which frame you would choose.
    You are kidding right? You had a problem before with a De Rosa which took an age to resolve because of De Rosa and their UK importer dragging their feet and you're seriously considering going back?

Once bitten, twice shy surely?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    andyp wrote:
    Lysander wrote:
    You are kidding right? You had a problem before with a De Rosa which took an age to resolve because of De Rosa and their UK importer dragging their feet and you're seriously considering going back?

Once bitten, twice shy surely?

aha, it must have been your thread then Lysander that's permantly put me off De Rosas.

Anyway I don't think you can beat a Colnago (with a decent paint scheme). The White one looks nice
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Lysander
    Lysander Posts: 349
    Going to AW Cycles in Caversham on Thursday to decide. I love the image De Rosa have cultivated. AW are a brillianrt shop and if there is a warranty issue I know they wont tell me to get lost which the last shop did.
    The EPS does look good but perhaps a bit 'bling'.
  • Personally I would go with the Colnago. Infact, I've just ordered one from Maestro-UK. Extremely helpful, very knowledgeable, and cheaper than anyone else in the country. I think the frames come via Belgium, which helps keep the costs down. So you don't pay that awful RRP all the UK dealers insist on sticking with.
    Jared
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I don't think the EPS looks bling at all. The paint schemes this year are a lot more, shall we say coherent, than Colnagos of past. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the ride either, it's near perfect.
  • I would agree with APIII, the new paint schemes are sublime, not at all bling.
    Jared