Fuji Track Bike

steve23
steve23 Posts: 2,202
edited November 2008 in Workshop
does anyone know anything about that cheap-ish Fuji track bike? the one that was reviewd in cycling plus a month or two ago???

im looking to buy a track bike, so i can have a play through winter and early summer, at a local outdoor track!!!!

would this bike be suitable or not? also, could it make the grade indoors?

cheers
_______________________________________________________________________________________
If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,273
    The standard Fuji Track bike, which can be bought for less than £400 brand new, is a very good entry level track bike. My local track, Herne Hill in south London, has a quite a few of them available for rental. For the money it offers very good value.

I'm not sure if it's Manchester compatible though - that's to do with the height of the bottom bracket to avoid pedal strike. It's probably best to phone someone at the velodrome and ask them.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    The Fuji Track is fine for indoor use too - it has a high BB/velodrome specific geometry.

It makes a great starter bike and there are plenty in use at Newport and Manchester. For initial indoor use, you will probably have to change the tyres

Longer term, you might want to look at upgrading some of the components if you get seriously in to it (the wheels are a bit on the heavy/robust side) but it will get you up and running and probably hooked as is.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    cheers guys, i might have to dive in and buy one!!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    I used mine at Newport. It was ace. Did change the tyres. And the bars. And the stem. And the seatpost, seat and chainset.
    Kept the frame, forks and wheels though :)

Hi Eddy!! :D
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    proto wrote:
    I used mine at Newport. It was ace. Did change the tyres. And the bars. And the stem. And the seatpost, seat and chainset.
    Kept the frame, forks and wheels though :)

Hi Eddy!! :D
    And very nicely upgraded it was too! 8)

Hi Tim! :D
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.