Birmingham MTBMX facility update

Mark Sleigh
Mark Sleigh Posts: 24
edited October 2008 in MTB general
hey guys, for the record 58 people attended the British Cycling open meeting on the 20th!! - a massive thank you to all that attended and we look forward to seeing you again at the next meeting and of course anyone else who wants to come is more than welcome. I think Emma said one of the best comments of the evening which was that we all need to think what capacity we would want to be involved with the club and what skills we can give to best help develop the club.

here's the email Nick Yarworth sent out regards the meeting etc:

Firstly, on behalf of Birmingham City Council and British Cycling may I take this opportunity of thanking you all for coming along to the open meeting last Monday evening relating to the proposed new BMX Facility and Club at Perry Park.

As discussed we are looking to form the club over the next few months which will then be in place to support the new facility which we hope to have in 2009.

I propose to call the next meeting on Monday 1st December, exact time and location is still to be finalised but I would hope that this meeting could discuss a name for the new club and look at the initial placements regarding the clubs committee.

Initially we will need to find a Chairperson, Go-Ride Club Contact, Secretary & Treasurer, over the coming months we will also need to find some one willing and able to take the role of Club Welfare officer and of course club coaches. The committee should also have additional members who may not have a specific role, I see this including younger members who can comment on youth related subjects.

Please come along to the meeting even if you feel that you would not wish to be on the committee but would rather be a member, or even at this stage just have some input into the setting up of this new venture.

I will distribute via e-mail exact details of the meeting including a brief agenda, if there are any points you wish to be covered please let me know.

Having checked through the e-mail addresses supplied on Monday some of them have been quite difficult to read, as such I'm not sure they will reach their destination, could I ask you all to pass this information onto anyone else you know has an interest.

Could I ask that you notify me by e-mail that you wish to attend, this will assist me in identifying a suitable venue.
I will aim to send out the details w/c 17th November.
Kind regards
Nick

nickyarworth@britishcycling.org.uk

Guys and girls, i thought it might be worth rattling everyones brains for their ideas on a name for our new club, here's a few so far but please let the names keep rolling in and we could get a poll on the go to create a top 10 to vote on at the next meeting

possible bike club names

Birmingham Bike Club
Birmingham Sprocket Rockets
Birmingham Berm Bashers
Berm Bashers
Berm Bashin’ Brummies
Wheel Nuts Bike Club
Birmingham Bullets
Birmingham MTBMX Club
Birmingham Riders
Birmingham Rockets
Perry Park Peddlers

please remember that it will have to be inclusive of mountainbikes as the phase two and three plans will involve a big amount of mtb tracks and trails etc.

cheers

Mark
Mark Sleigh
Birmingham Wheels Bike Club Coach+Chairman