The other day...

mikello12
mikello12 Posts: 6
edited October 2008 in MTB general
The other day i was out on my bike, riding pretty fast for me, when i went around a courner i managed to scrape my pedals on the tarmac!! I thought this was pretty fun as the lean angle was emense, even though my pedals were in the low possition. I know this is stupid as it ground away some of the pedal spikes down but i was just wondering if anyone else has done it?
Cheers Mike

Comments

• johnsav
    johnsav Posts: 775
    last time i did it the pedal dug in and i went flying.. not fun :lol:

now i instinctivly keep the inside pedal high.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Plus weighting the outside pedal increases traction.
  • I remember doing it when I was about 12/13. Cycling on a street near where I lived and going round a corner leaning right over and I caught my inside pedal. :oops:

Catapulted off the bike and skidded along the ground. Didn't break anything but I tore my arms and legs to shreds :lol:
  • johnsav
    ^ lol sounds the same as my off

mine was outside a pub though and i was laughed at.. OH THE PAIN :lol:
  • johnsav
    ^ lol sounds the same as my off

mine was outside a pub though and i was laughed at.. OH THE PAIN :lol:
  • I done something similar the other day in which through excessive speed it became apparant that I am in fact not quite as manouverable as first thought.. :?

So as a result I went a little too close to a nice concrete sea defence wall and gave my l/h pedal and good grinding.. I felt surprisingly stupid for making such a mistake, but the whole 'oh crap I'm about to end up in a mangled mess' feeling was highly amusing.