Flume to work!!

FixedNewbie
FixedNewbie Posts: 47
edited November 2008 in Commuting chat
Hehe, I remember it being mentioned in a thread a while ago about how cool it would be to be able to get to work in a Flume! Well some of those advertiser lot have been reading the forum because last night I saw a Barclays advert with just that! Cool advert!

Has anyone else seen it? :lol:

Comments

• Yeup. I don't know if he can take the flume to work in the morning as well. Water doesn't flow uphill very well.
  • It's a great ad.

I think I'd still miss the bike though!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I'll sue!!!!!!! They stole my idea!!!
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    What we need is the tube transporters from Futurama !

Can't see how to fit a bike in there though :?
    Today is a good day to ride
  • girv73 wrote:
    What we need is the tube transporters from Futurama !

Can't see how to fit a bike in there though :?

Get a folder! :P
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Ans, can you give us dumb anglos a phonetic version of your username so we can pronounce it correctly in our heads?
  • biondino wrote:
    Ans, can you give us dumb anglos a phonetic version of your username so we can pronounce it correctly in our heads?

Sure. It's along the lines of:

Anne-Sparro'-Dee-Gay'd-Vran

It's based upon the mythical character of Bendigeidfran (Ben-dee-Gay'd-vran), literally 'blessed crow'. Ansbaradigeidfran, however, translates loosely as 'uncouth crow'
    Plus if spambots can't spell it then maybe they can't spam me :P
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Hehe, I remember it being mentioned in a thread a while ago about how cool it would be to be able to get to work in a Flume! Well some of those advertiser lot have been reading the forum because last night I saw a Barclays advert with just that! Cool advert!

Hmm I remember sending an email to Big Brother 4 years back asking for either a sniper or zombies. Well they've kind of introduced one, still waiting on the other. :wink:
  • downfader wrote:

Hmm I remember sending an email to Big Brother 4 years back asking for either a sniper or zombies. Well they've kind of introduced one, still waiting on the other. :wink:

Didn't the show always have zombies in it?
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Things you want to hear in Big Brother #10

"Big Brother has released a Velociraptor into the house.
    Most of the housemates are hiding in the kitchen cupboards. Ziggy is in the living room, the bedroom, the pool and the garden."
    Today is a good day to ride
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382

Nope, generally they just watch from home.
  • downfader
    downfader wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

To be fair, I wasnt the only one asking for zombies, but I'll take the credit (I'm sure Brooker doesnt mind) :lol:
  • girv73 wrote:

Most of the housemates are hiding in the kitchen cupboards. Ziggy is in the living room, the bedroom, the pool and the garden."

I just think we should do gladiatorial combat for the first weeks challenge, hide a few axes, swords, maces etc around the house and do a fight to the death. Last person standing wins and we can then run something more interesting for that hour each evening. I'd suggest televised paint drying :-D

Back OT, I have seen that ad and did think it was very cool!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • downfader
    girv73 wrote:

I just think we should do gladiatorial combat for the first weeks challenge, hide a few axes, swords, maces etc around the house and do a fight to the death. Last person standing wins and we can then run something more interesting for that hour each evening. I'd suggest televised paint drying :-D

Back OT, I have seen that ad and did think it was very cool!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhhFzE5O5U :lol: