Decisions Decisions

UncleFred
UncleFred Posts: 227
edited October 2008 in Workshop
I currently ride a 4 year old Trek 2100 which I have upgraded from 105 to Ultegra SL in the last 3 months, with the plan to upgrade the frame next. Training wheels are Mavic Kysrium Elites and Race Wheels are Zipp 404's.

My LBS has offered me an 08 Madone 6.5 Frame & Forks for US$3000 or an 08 5.5 complete bike for $4000.

I was planning on turning the 2100 into a TT bike and fitting if out with a Groupset from ebay (not in any hurry and have budgeted for it) and using all the components from the 2100 on the new Frame but I'm also thinking I could get the complete bike and either a) sell the components on ebay to buy a disc and TT bars plus or b) keep all my Ultegra kit on the the 2100 and sell the wheels and bars etc that I won't need for the TT bike to finance the Disc and Aerobars.

What whould you do??

Comments

• JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    do you have another bike for training in winter? if not you could build one up as you change the old road kit into TT kit so that you'd have your Road madone,your TT set up and a winter bike from all the other stuff
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    if you've just forked out on Ultegra - seems silly to waste it.

Using the 105 you've taken off - I'd build up a TT machine with a proper TT frame and your 404s (maybe until you get a rear disk)

Very expensive wheels there - pricier than your whole bike ?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Do the Virgin Islands even do 'winter' :?:
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    I didn't notice where you were from, so you'd probably just building your 2 bikes like you said originally
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 227
    Wheels are from Ebay, got a very good deal on an auction that no one else spotted!

As for winter. Not really we have 3 seasons. Hot - Hurricane- and not so hot!!
  • JWSurrey
    JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    UncleFred wrote:
    ..........Hurricane- and not so hot!!
    Hence the aero bars, I guess :lol: