Hope Mini/M4 or Formula Oro's

hitchen92
hitchen92 Posts: 264
edited October 2008 in MTB buying advice
What brakes out of the two for extreme XC/Freeride? Either brake mounts, not botherd as I will change forksto complement the brake. What model and why?

Cheers

Comments

• grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    I have the Mono 4 's and are simply fab. You may also need floating rotors too
    These stop me dead, just a fab brill brake.

The new Haye's Strokers are ment to be good too,
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the Oros. lighter and have more power than you need.

My Momo M4's sucked.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Hope mono's are ok for XC, nothing more. The power is somewhat lacking in the minis. The m4's are powerful but not everyone likes the feel of them. Don't know about Oros but hey have very good reivews
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    I wouldnt say mono minis lack power, especially with a 180mm rotor they managed to stop my heft without even breaking into a sweat in all conditions.

If i was building a FR rig i would fit M4's if the mono minis are anythin go go by, slightly heavier but twice the cylinders and the best modulation of all the hydro discs ive tried by far.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Oro's.

Nothing but problems with mono/mini's and m4.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • my mono M4's are just awsum! great feel and stopped me dead in every situation that ive been in! all my m8s have had a go and they also think they are the business :D
    I havent fallen off, im just having a rest!!!!!!